OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre_shift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56
    Posted: July/07/2008 at 11:08
Have some one tried this scope frome FalconOptics.

Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56   Enhanced SLR Mil Dot reticles
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2008 at 11:16
why bother
life is just too short to throw money away.

If you want a lower priced tactical scope that will hold up to hard use get a Super Sniper.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
andre_shift View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre_shift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2008 at 11:22
Ok. do you have a link to a on-line shop. And they have to send to Norway.

But have you ever tried a Falcon scope or heard of any?
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2008 at 03:56
There are several threads at Sniper Central, Snipers' Hide, etc about these scopes.  Most users are very pleased.  If intended for "hard use" I would suggest looking at the 4-14 instead of the 4.5-18 as there are some construction differences favoring the 4-14 and the 4.5-18 has suffered a few failures as of late.  They also spec a higher grade glass for the 4-14.  Having spent a little time with the 4-14 I could answer questions you may have about it as long as Chris doesn't mind.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2008 at 07:56
                                                                        Whistling
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre_shift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2008 at 08:08

If the Falcon scope is a bad choice, give me some names on scopes i should buy. Will be used on a Mauser98 6.5x55cal for some hunting and long range target shooting. And since i live in Norway they have to ship the scope to Norway and not just the US. Spending money: $500-600.

Goju View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2008 at 21:23
Well, this is a timely thread. I too am in the process of of searching for a scope of a new rifle... a custom Mauser action 6.5x55 that will initally be used for punching paper out to 600 yds, but may see some hunting. I am trying to get the best bang for the buck, and have the same budget. Right now I've almost decided on the Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5 x 16 x 42 with the fine plex reticle. If anyone has another suggestion, let me know...

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre_shift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2008 at 01:48

No suggestions??? strange.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic