OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

4th of July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4th of July
    Posted: July/01/2008 at 08:33
What does everyone have planned for the 4th of July?? American%20Flag  

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Independence Day!!! Big%20Grin

Marines      Marching
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 08:58
 Just an old fashioned get together with my sons I hope ... and thinking about our boys over there .... God Love Em .... Lord do I love my country ... gotta go hang my new flags  .... and as always salute when they go up . To all my fellow vets .... God Bless You and throw a salute to all who have sacraficed all these many years so we and the rest of the americans here and abroad can appreciate where we are and what we have ... the GREATEST COUNTRY in the World !  

Edited by mercenary1947 - July/01/2008 at 09:03
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 09:16
It will be a more sobering event this year...my Marine son-in-law leaves for Iraq the day after. 
Semper fidelus. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 09:41
watch the waves beat the shore in Ocean City,MD with the wife and kids , friends and neighbors ..American%20Flag
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 09:43

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 10:13
Gonna spend the weekend at the lake with my hunny. We might have to educate and scare some fish while we're at it
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 11:12
We're headed to some friend house and cook out.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 11:45
Will probably have to work showing houses. When most everyone else is off It makes for a busy day. 
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 11:51
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

It will be a more sobering event this year...my Marine son-in-law leaves for Iraq the day after. 
Semper fidelus. 

He likely doesn't comprehend how much he is appreciated. To him he is simply doing his job/duty. As important as other events that address our soldiers are. To me this is the one that brings it all together. Not only does it celebrate our initial Victory for Independance but it equally celebrates the continued fight and victory through out our history for that same independance. This day we celebrate every man and woman who has served in combat and combat support at home and abroad. He Honors your daughter and you in his answer to the call to arms.
Lord God will you surround this soldier and all those with him in your favor and in your shield of protection as they continue the stand for Freedom Liberity and Justice. Will you seal them all with your Eternal Seal of Life and Rightiousness. In our King's Name; Jesus The Annointed One. Amen
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 12:12
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Semper fidelus. 

He likely doesn't comprehend how much he is appreciated. To him he is simply doing his job/duty. As important as other events that address our soldiers are. To me this is the one that brings it all together. Not only does it celebrate our initial Victory for Independance but it equally celebrates the continued fight and victory through out our history for that same independance. This day we celebrate every man and woman who has served in combat and combat support at home and abroad. He Honors your daughter and you in his answer to the call to arms.
Lord God will you surround this soldier and all those with him in your favor and in your shield of protection as they continue the stand for Freedom Liberity and Justice. Will you seal them all with your Eternal Seal of Life and Rightiousness. In our King's Name; Jesus The Annointed One. Amen
Thank you, Sgt D. 

Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 13:43
Spend the day shooting turtles at the pond.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 14:30
Friday: Head up to deer camp to check on things, fish with my daughter, then plink some plastic bottles with her.Yippee

Saturday: To my Dad's house, he's getting married, long story. Then off to my buddies place for his 40th "B" day party. Whacko

Sunday: Phone off the hook, not leaving the house. Wink

Happy Fourth Everyone!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 16:31
Best wishes from Canada guys.  We're celebrating Canada Day today (used to be Dominion Day when I was a kid). 

Have a safe happy holiday.
God save the Empire!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 16:49
A wonderful prayer, Sgt. D. Thank you very much for that.
Godspeed to your son in law, KB.  

Well said, Merc. I salute our troops with you!!  

I'll be shooting @ ye old range one day this weekend, not sure which.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 16:52
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Best wishes from Canada guys.  We're celebrating Canada Day today (used to be Dominion Day when I was a kid). 

Congratulations, Craig!!
What do y'all do up there to celebrate Canada Day, drink Labatt's  Wink
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 18:41
 Kickboxer ... good movie .... right on the mark .  Back in the 60's I walked into a restaurant in uniform and this old gentlemen bought me a cup of coffee and asked me to sit with him and drink it . He said " son  I just want to thank you for all you boys are doing ... and this is about all I can afford to give you to show my appreciation " .... he looked like he did'nt have much to spare and for a moment I was going to say no .... then I thought no way can I refuse him . I sat there and that was the best tasting cup of coffee I ever had . We talked and I left ... he shook my hand ... and he gave me a big hug .  His face was all lit up and it gave me the warmest feeling ever . It may not seem much to most ... but that made ME fell like a million dollars and a million dollars could have never made me feel better . Everytime I see a person in uniform I tell them and say GOD BLESS you for what you're doing . You'd be surprised how many big smiles it puts on their faces and the wonderful remarks they give me . Don't be ashamed or fear telling them ..... do it all you can !

Edited by mercenary1947 - July/01/2008 at 20:02
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 19:45
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

A wonderful prayer, Sgt. D. Thank you very much for that.
Godspeed to your son in law, KB.  

Well said, Merc. I salute our troops with you!!  

+1 and God Bless all of our men and women inuniform, over seas and here.

I'm going to the range with some friends to test some loads and some celabratory shooting. When the range closes for the day we're going to attend the picknick and fireworks held there by the owner.Sharp%20ShooterBelt%20FedAmerican%20FlagYippeeRocket%20Launcher
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2008 at 07:36

I have a kids B-day party and going to the mountian house to do some well needed up keep. nothing to fun.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2008 at 08:01
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

We were up in Ottawa last summer ( WHAT a gorgeous city!!) and they were getting ready for Canada Day.  We saw a MOUNTIE!!  Bandito   Boy was he spiffy!!  They always get their man.....but, nowadays they wear blue and black clothes, I guess. But the one we saw was in his REDCOAT!!!!  and BIG BOOTS!!  yeehaaaw!!!    Smoky the Bear hat.....everything!!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2008 at 11:06
Originally posted by mercenary1947 mercenary1947 wrote:

Kickboxer ... good movie .... right on the mark .  Back in the 60's I walked into a restaurant in uniform and this old gentlemen bought me a cup of coffee and asked me to sit with him and drink it . He said " son  I just want to thank you for all you boys are doing ... and this is about all I can afford to give you to show my appreciation " .... he looked like he did'nt have much to spare and for a moment I was going to say no .... then I thought no way can I refuse him . I sat there and that was the best tasting cup of coffee I ever had . We talked and I left ... he shook my hand ... and he gave me a big hug .  His face was all lit up and it gave me the warmest feeling ever . It may not seem much to most ... but that made ME fell like a million dollars and a million dollars could have never made me feel better . Everytime I see a person in uniform I tell them and say GOD BLESS you for what you're doing . You'd be surprised how many big smiles it puts on their faces and the wonderful remarks they give me . Don't be ashamed or fear telling them ..... do it all you can !
Right on, mercenary1947. A great July 4th story. One year I was in London, on leave, alone, walking through Hyde Park where a band was playing in a gazebo. I heard "And for our Brothers, the Yanks" and moved closer...They played the U.S. National Anthem. It was one of the proudest moments of my life, in the top 5 renditions I have ever heard, and a memory I will never lose. Every one of the Brits, every one around the gazebo that I could see, stood and put their hands over their hearts. It still brings tears to my eyes to remember it.
I wonder if that will happen on Friday, or if they have all forgotten???
Oh yeah, and I met two beautiful American girls who were in the crowd... But that is another story.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic