OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Binocular advise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binocular advise
    Posted: June/28/2008 at 14:34
I guess you guys think I am crazy after the last 2 weeks !! Whacko

I got a once in a lifetime deal (for me) about 2 weeks ago on a Canadian whitetail hunt this fall. While I have accumilated a lot of medium-nice hunting stuff over the years..........thinking about this hunt has started making me realize that I need to sell off a lot of stuff and consolidate down to just one nice rifle/scope/binoculars !! I got a new rifle and scope I feel good about ...........so now binocular's are about all I need  !!

I have an old set of Zeiss Dialyt 7x42 that were given to me. They are very nice and still work great ...........but are not nearly as good in low light as my buddy's Swarovski EL 10X42's !!

I am considering getting some Leica Ultravid BR 10X42's or Swaro. SLC 10X42's. I'll  have about $1500 to spend on binoculars.......if some of my stuff sells well !  

I also have seen lots of good feedback on Meopta's and Votex Razor's ..........and naturally that would save me some money !! I really like my buddy's 10x42's and would just like somehting in that power range with more low light capability than my current bino's !!

Thanks for all the help...........know I have asked for a lot lately !! Just fired up about my upcoming hunt !!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2008 at 21:05
What you have is paid for and as good some of the stuff you mentioned.  Two is one, One is one.   It think we all suffer from too much stuff.  I think you would wind up "giving" the Zeiss away.  You should keep them for a spare.  I'd cull the herd some place else. 

Edited by silver - June/28/2008 at 21:07
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2008 at 21:44
YEH.........i may keep them(even thought they're old they're pretty dang awesome)..........but I am leaning toward the Ultravid's for my main hunting optic's .........I have seen how much better my buddy's EL's are and he say's hos Leica Geovid's are better !!!!

Would love some positve/negative feedback on tUltravid's vs. the rest  if anyone wants to hand it out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic