OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

T/C Encore - solid or rickety?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2008 at 18:14
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Mine with the .223 barrel on it shoots sub-moa on a regular basis.

nice. is that barrel an off-the-shelf one, or one from their custom shop?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2008 at 19:49
Off the shelf with a Burris 2-7.
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2008 at 21:20

Off the shelf with a Burris 2-7.

oh ok. i was hoping it was from their custom shop so i could get your impressions of their custom barrels. i might have to start another thread about that though...
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2008 at 22:54
Also check out SSK for custom barrels. http://www.sskindustries.com/index.htm
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 01:16

thank you for that link. it looks like they will also put an entire gun together - which is really what i was looking for - so that is very helpful!
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 01:26
Originally posted by Jeff H. Jeff H. wrote:

thank you for that link. it looks like they will also put an entire gun together - which is really what i was looking for - so that is very helpful!

oooh and i just noticed that they're in ohio! that's even better! i would really prefer to be able to pay a vist to the folks that are building my gun.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 10:00
JD Jones is very well known in the handgun hunting community. He has taken everything with a hand gun, up to elephant.
The only person I know that can come close is Larry Kelly from Magna-Port fame.
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 12:37

JD Jones is very well known in the handgun hunting community. He has taken everything with a hand gun, up to elephant. The only person I know that can come close is Larry Kelly from Magna-Port fame.

yeah when i was studying their site and i saw his name i thought it sounded familiar (i had seen has name before in association with the "JDJ" line of cartridges).

imagine that a big name hunter like him would be in ohio of all places lol. but he's about 2 hours from me so i'll definitely plan a trip out there to visit him. it looks like he puts some pretty nice rigs together! i'm just glad you mentioned ssk, because i had never heard of them. my search may finally be over lol (thank goodness!)
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 13:10
The .375 JDJ Contender my buddy has is very well put together. Considering the size of the case it handles sweet.
The lock up is very precise on that particular JDJ. When I closed the action the first time I had a little oops. It wasn't completely closed. When I squeezed the trigger the recoil made me jump............and the damn thing never went off. It was a good laugh for all. This was before I discovered how disgusting my FA 83 in .454 is.
And, I thought I never flinched............
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 13:42

The .375 JDJ Contender my buddy has is very well put together. Considering the size of the case it handles sweet. The lock up is very precise on that particular JDJ. When I closed the action the first time I had a little oops. It wasn't completely closed. When I squeezed the trigger the recoil made me jump............and the damn thing never went off. It was a good laugh for all. This was before I discovered how disgusting my FA 83 in .454 is. And, I thought I never flinched............

lol. yeah i would be leery enough about shooting a .375 in a rifle. i can't imagine that one in a pistol!

although interestingly the .375 seems to be very versatile. on the ssk site they claim you can use the .375 jdj for prarie dogs!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 13:55
Yep, and I can use my M700 in .375 H&HLoco
It may not kick like my Freedom Arms but it isn't a gun I would shoot a lot, either. That .444 Marlin is a big case in a pistol, even though it is necked down.
I sure hope you post again after you visit SSK. On site impressions are valuable.
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 14:14

I sure hope you post again after you visit SSK. On site impressions are valuable.

yeah i definitely will. and i'll also put up pictures of what ever i get too!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 14:16
Thanks, buddy................I look forward to it

Doug
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2008 at 18:23
SSK has some really cool stuff
locust grove View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locust grove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 21:21

new g2 contenders are solid  i have a bellm 223 barrel

he does top notch work
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 22:19

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2008 at 07:59
I haven't had any problems with my encore, I've got a 7 mag barrel and 460 s&w (rifle) barrel.  The cost adds up, fast though!  You've got about $500 in each by the time you scope it...I've considered the idea of a quick detach mount system for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic