OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.22 Mosquito

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Duty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .22 Mosquito
    Posted: June/24/2008 at 22:38
With the price of ammo going up every week it seems it is time for a .22 cal handgun.   Anybody in here have or know someone who has Sig Sauer Mosquito?  Looking for a review of any kind.  1 thing I have found is that until broken in they only run well on CCI plated rounds.  Which are about the most $ .22 you can buy.

Because it's fun! That's why
timber View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2008 at 18:04
I've only handled one and it felt like a 7/8 scale 226.  You might find more information on a Sig forum.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 01:32
I have one and it is fun to shoot. It is very sensitive to ammo and it likes a lot of oil. I had problems with mine at first but after a 2 week turn around at the factory to replace the ejector it has been very reliable. The warranty service was the best I have ever had with a firearm. It comes with 3 front sights. Mine shoots best with the shortest one installed. I have a smaller hand and I like the feel of the mosquito. It may be too small for someone with a large hand. I got mine so I could have  a low cost way to practice for my 239 sas 9mm. Even with its smaller size the feel and handling are similar.The short sight plane keeps it from being as accurate an a Ruger MK III Hunter  but it is plenty for accurate shots out to 20 Yds. It also has a light rail that carries my tlr-1 very well. You should be happy with the mosquito as long as you do not have large hands.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
BayouBuck View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2008 at 16:46
A few summers ago my shooting buddies and I all bought .22 semiauto hand guns rangeing from the ruger mark II, browning buckmark, sigs, S&W's and I bought the berretta Neo and walther P22 . All were great guns but the sig and walther would F2F with bulk ammo at first. We tried Stingers and they ate them up. But if I had to do all over agian I would go with the Ruger in some variation. They are solid guns and really accurate. The NEO site rail is bulky and you really have to have a dot Scope for accurate shooting, the Sig was good but in a hunting sidearm or hiking kind of way and the Walther is now a ratshot snake killer that stays in the boat, fun gun to shoot but not even in the same category as the rest. Hope this helps. This Summer we all have different Poly frame 9mm should be fun.  
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2008 at 17:26
Originally posted by BayouBuck BayouBuck wrote:

A few summers ago my shooting buddies and I all bought .22 semiauto hand guns rangeing from the ruger mark II, browning buckmark, sigs, S&W's and I bought the berretta Neo and walther P22 . All were great guns but the sig and walther would F2F with bulk ammo at first. We tried Stingers and they ate them up. But if I had to do all over agian I would go with the Ruger in some variation. They are solid guns and really accurate. The NEO site rail is bulky and you really have to have a dot Scope for accurate shooting, the Sig was good but in a hunting sidearm or hiking kind of way and the Walther is now a ratshot snake killer that stays in the boat, fun gun to shoot but not even in the same category as the rest. Hope this helps. This Summer we all have different Poly frame 9mm should be fun.  
I wish I had looked for a forum like this one to have saved me the lessons learned. I would have shied away from the Mosquito. It Is fun but the Ruger is my go to for a .22 RF semiauto pistol It is a pleasure to shoot. One of my buddies has a Buckmark Camper. A clip thru it looks like a shotgun pattern. The older Buckmarks were good shooters but the new ones leave a lot to be desired. The Ruger can put one on top of another.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic