OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

German Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German Products
    Posted: June/22/2008 at 11:52
Based upon Germany's consistent and proud movement toward renewed facism, ie.  the current stance by the German courts that "homeschooling" is illegal and that children's minds belong to the "State" and not themselves and their parents, German products are off my list.  Limits choices, but one has to stand up for ideals and beliefs, otherwise, they are not.  Until/unless Germany changes its position on the rights of parents to guide their children's education, I will not promote and will advocate against any riflescope or other product for consumption from German manufacturing.  German policy has not entered a realm that is at least as heinous, if not more so, than some of our adversaries.  We cannot in good conscience abide a "State" position which says that children are more wards of that "State" than the very parents who bring them into the world.  Seems Germany has taken a big step backward.  German products are now on my "do not buy" list.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 20:11
Kahles is Austrian
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 21:28
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Kahles is Austrian

Swarovski too!! Big%20Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 21:59
They both use Schott glass though don't they.  Wink
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 00:19
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

They both use Schott glass though don't they.  Wink

Got me there!! Big%20Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 05:53
If one really should be so hardheaded when it comes to different products that person should manufacture everything he uses himself!
Almost every single electronices component and loads of mechanical components are manufactured in China.
And Chinas violation of the human rigts and peoples freedom is some 1000 % worse than germany, so how to handle that?
Stop using electronical products?

Should i Stop using my S&W revolvers as they was made about the same time as Bay of pigs, and watergate...........

Technika
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 07:57
What about Claudia Schiffer and Heidi Klum???
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 08:20
 I'm quite sure that CHINA should be # 1 on the don't buy list then .    

The atrocities .... slaughtering of innocents and human rights violations are tremendous ! One must seek the degree of violations on all fronts to completely eliminate countries . Shall we then research all scope and manufacturers that use chinese lenses and/or components or assembly and ban them also ? That will eliminate 3/4  of all sold .... at least if not more ! I feel China should be #1 before we ban Germany .... don't you agree kickboxer ?   Claudia and Heidi can slip their little spike heels under my bed anytime !!!!       wisha --- wisha ---- wisha

Edited by mercenary1947 - June/23/2008 at 08:25
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 08:31
Claudia?  Heidi?  Heidi, the little goat heardin' girl that now turns tricks? That's why we needs AMER-I-CAN made like Rosanne BarrDevil Rose sure puts the can in that'n'!

I understand what you are saying, but with so much of what there is out there being trash, I worry about if it works rather than the politics of where its made.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 09:51
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Claudia?  Heidi?  Heidi, the little goat heardin' girl that now turns tricks? That's why we needs AMER-I-CAN made like Rosanne BarrDevil Rose sure puts the can in that'n'!

I understand what you are saying, but with so much of what there is out there being trash, I worry about if it works rather than the politics of where its made.

YOU BET!!!   That's right, silver!!!         Bandito
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 10:25

I think this one comes down to personal preference. Everyone draws a line somewhere and it's not the same one as the next person.

As far as the evils of home schooling, that reminds me of Billary and "It Takes a Village".
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 11:04
I'm always torn on these boycott goods made in certain countries topics.  I don't want to hurt good, honest people trying to make a living based on the actions of their government, which they may or may not support. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 11:28
Plus these products are sold in the US.  And the distributors and employees at the stores that sell them make a living off of them even though they are a foreign product.  So by buying these products we are supplying jobs for American people.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 19:34
I do understand the sentiment, though.  I really have a problem with buying Chinese made products, because their Communist government always seems to want to bite the hand that feeds it.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 07:52
we are all thrilled to get Japanese products......but we still remember Pearl Harbor and Nanking................
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 08:53
historically economic boycotts seldom work, although it gets the pissed out, current economic boycotts of usa in africa, only allow foreign capital a free ride in, and many years of got there first profits.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 10:53
All very good points and certainly worth considering.  Thinking back on it, how many who won't purchase items "made in China" buy from Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc?

I was just thinking of buying a S&B, but it is now off my list for consideration.  Not ONLY for the parent's rights issues, but primarily. 

I will also heavily weigh any item using German-made glass or other products.  Doesn't mean I will completely eliminate it, but it will have much more against it going in. 

Certainly we can't eliminate all the products made in other countries, but there is a book on the internet I've seen advertised called "how to buy American".  I AM going to buy it.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic