OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Father-Daughter Talk:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Father-Daughter Talk:
    Posted: June/17/2008 at 09:03
Father-Daughter Talk:

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his. < One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing ?'

She replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.' <

The father asked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's crazy, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 09:55
OOOOOh, THAT's good.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 11:07
If you know how, would you post that on U-tube once a week for 6 weeks. Or until is takes. That is the kind of today thinking these kids need. It could actually save some of them from their on intellectual arrogance. Thunbs%20Up

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 11:27
 How True ..... if you think the world owes you and everybody else something you never deserved ... then you're a liberal . I've seen the same bums on the street everyday for years ... never worked ... dressed in expensive outfits .... going in the bars and clubs ... on my tax dollars ! 

Edited by mercenary1947 - June/17/2008 at 11:28
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 11:36
Excellent way to deliver a lesson. Lucky for me my daughter sees the light. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
flcooler View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flcooler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 12:07
Wonderful statement. Everyone should read this one. I agree with  you on putting it up on u tube. This would get them fired up.
flcooler View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flcooler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 12:16
In many counties if Fl you must have a beggers lic. to pan handel COST 200.00 plus.
I have a good freind that is close to a owner of a marine dealer, about 2 mths ago the neighborhood bum walked in with a $15,000.00 bank cashiers ck to buy a pontoon boat. He had it delivered to a lake  30 miles away because he has no auto. to pull it with.  I know how you feel and I agree with you.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 15:58
I had seen that before, but that is first rate--right to the point. Even a Democrat should be able to understand that parable.

Thanks, BigDaddy!!     ( you damn gringo!)    Bandito
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 16:23
Good stuff that needs to be repeated.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 19:12

Well put Excellent

Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 19:24
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I had seen that before, but that is first rate--right to the point. Even a Democrat should be able to understand that parable.

Thanks, BigDaddy!!     ( you damn gringo!)    Bandito

Maybe!     If you attach 3 side line items of conflicting jargan and atleast 2 lines of increased fuel/highway tax. ShockedClownLoco
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic