OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

fullfield II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fullfield II
    Posted: June/16/2008 at 10:48
Hey guys, another question.  How do the fullfield's compare to the nikon buckmasters?  also i have heard that the fullfields that come with the garmin gps unit are not as good quality as the ones that dont come with that, any truth to that?  thanks guys!!
thinkingman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinkingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 12:56
I own 2 FFII's and had one Buckmaster.
The Burris scopes are clear, bright and sturdy.
The BM I had was nice but at 18X, not clear and bright.
Traded the BM, still own the Burris's.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:15
I have 3 of the FF II in the 4.5-14 and I agree with Thinkingman, clear and bright. I have never had a problem with any of them. The Buckmaster is not nearly as bright IMO.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:15
SERVER ERROR. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO LOOK AT THIS PAGE.  CANNOT FIND SERVER.  TIMEOUT EXPIRED.  
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:17
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

SERVER ERROR. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO LOOK AT THIS PAGE.  CANNOT FIND SERVER.  TIMEOUT EXPIRED.  

Whacko  Was Ed A bad boy?

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
shooterpunk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:30
nice thanks guys, you ever heard anything about the scopes that come with a gps unit or binoclars being not a quality?  I think I may get that FFII, thanks!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:44
There was a thread some time back that mentioned the 3-9 FFII with the spotting scope was not the same quality as the standard FFII. I could not find it on the search function. I would check with Chris.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 14:12
who is chris?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 14:27
Chris Farris is the owner of this site, sorry for the confusion
http://opticstalk.com/pm_new_message_form.asp?name=Chris+Farris
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:04
I'm not a big fan of the FFII, not because the optics are bad, but because the whole eye piece turns with increase in magnification, poor design as far as I'm concerened.  Yes there have been many reports and posts  that the FFIIs that come with free gps, binos or spotter are of lower quality.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:16
 They're the same but ... if a company throws in a gps or binos are probably giving a much less quality item in the first place .  Chris who ??? LOL
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:39
I believe Chris posted that the scopes that come with free-bees are infact different.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 22:54
nice, well i guess i wont get the package one at least, oh well.  thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic