OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ior
    Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:37
much said about this in comparisons with other brands etc. kind of like a glock, -- with the wide swings in pros and cons (and I'm sure all the reporters are reputable one wonders if extremes are caused by quality control0) wanted to try the new dials so-9x36x56 mp8 floating dot.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:42
So, what's your impression of the scope, Dale?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:45
ive got a better question, what the hell kind of rifle is that??? that thing looks killer
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:46
inital- fit, finish overall -- flow with gun -- excellent.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:47
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

ive got a better question, what the hell kind of rifle is that??? that thing looks killer

Sako TRG
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:48
Dale, you've dropped some serious cash on toys lately, huh, buddy...
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2008 at 21:49
sako trg ive heard of them, .308 i suppose
i wanted a trg-s in a lazzeroni caliber at one time

Edited by pyro6999 - June/15/2008 at 21:49
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 07:43

300 win mag-- 1/11 twist, 210 bergers around 2900 fps.

scope- fathers day present.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:22
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

scope- fathers day present.

Damn, you've got some really thoughtful family members!
Ted

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 16:31
Nice rig, Mr. Clifford.

Nicer yet is your family.  Thunbs%20Up 
They must think the world of you.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 16:39
I do like the new knobs IOR is now using... at least I think I do, based on the pics.
Ted

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 16:46
On mine the clicks on the big knob are really definitive and smooth.  The side knob is still the mushy feeling knob like on my old 6-24x, I don't care for that one as much.  
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:18
 Hummm I did'nt even get the lousey t-shirt ... let alone an expensive scope .... Sad   Still looking for my SWFA catalog .... hummmm ....

Edited by mercenary1947 - June/16/2008 at 17:20
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:48

they went on vacation without me -- so i got it , to get even
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:50

Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing Excellent 
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:59

Shocked
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 18:04
while less power variables are more popular-- this magnification range is very competitive and a hard one to compete in. 8 to something. not going to include the s&b and uso as but mostly the leo and night force,  (and if you want to go the additional cost of a conquest, the diavari 6x24x56) this is a tuff field.
first 100 rds.
the scope has a definite yellow tint in the glass, the ior web site states that this is special schott glass for gamma radiation--- boy is that something to think about. -- what does it do start to glow to warn the shooter???
the side (they even call it a focus) has a very fast thread pitch, making depth of field on any power higher than 18 almost impossible. -- except seeing bullet holes at 300-400 yds, not a bad thing in all as the image quality from 9x18 is outstanding -- after that it acts like a different scope.
the large power ring is outstanding and out does all of them
the illumination suffers from ior haze but is bright enough to use in the daylight- so this is a big plus for me.
the elevation knob only has something like 50 moa and it was necessary to use 10 moa in the scope reticle to get to 1000 yd. so the scope is being switched over to a gun having a 20 moa base.-- but the knob is large enough to do 20 moa in one turn.
all detents are positive
the mp8 reticle is outstanding, but the 10 moa cross bar has fuzzys as well as some of the lowers, this is a real quality control problem. - will try to show a picture.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2008 at 13:25
sighted in, on 36 power the scope would go out of focus with every shot, also on 24 power, (first two targets) on 12 power shot the group on the far right. (if interested this is the last 5 rds. of a 300 rd string using moly bullets with no cleaning).
also tried to get some close ups of the reticle , the second longer bar on the left side. looks like a piece of frazeled rope.
what do you think?
1-leave on a nuns door step
2-send it back to check out (yet another) cs
3-try to trade it for a leo.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2008 at 09:18

refusing to give up, after all I got some ruger #1s to shoot accurately, I removed the scope and twisted the power ring back and forth about a 100 times and stood the scope on the front bell, places golf balls on the top and teed-- just kidding -- run the hair dryer up and down the tube until hot to the touch. after cooling the power ring was much smoother and could be turned with the thumb and fore finger. after re-mounting, and site in the scope was still loosing focus at 36 with each shoot, but the focus problem was noticably reduced at the 24 x setting. 50 shots were used to test the repeatability of the elevation, which worked correctly each time.  

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2008 at 10:09
Send it back to Val and make him fix it or replace it.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic