OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Probably The Best Scope I'll Ever Own

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reloader243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Probably The Best Scope I'll Ever Own
    Posted: June/13/2008 at 16:15
The Sightron 8-32x56LRD arrived today.....!! I want to thank the great people at SWFA, for all the help in getting my scope. Chris and his gang are there for us...his customers....110% at the very least. If you buy a scope ANYWHERE ELSE.....you did not make the most of your buying dollar, and you did not get to deal with some pretty swell folks over there...am I on the SWFA BANDWAGON...You bet I am...lol
   Only got it mounted this morning, Ken Ferrell 20MOA base, Warne 30mm QD rings...leveled to action and crosshairs..
 Man is this baby bright at 32X...no haze, no milk, clear as a star-filled night sky. Solid,clean construction, no Mickey Mouse here Guys...The LRD reticle is much finer than I thought it would be, but I'm still going to talk to the Reticle guy, and get any opinions that might be better for 1K yds.The 1/4 dot may be great for 100-600 yds, but I'm thinking it might be a bit large for 1K...don't know enough about this stuff yet....any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated from all of you that shoot 1k...
   Mum says , after my chores in the yard are done today and Sat, I can go play at the Union County Sportsman's club/Range/ 300 yd artillery field....  I think I'll bore sight it in the back yard tomorrow....then I have 10 test rounds to start barrel breakin, final fire forming test with...243AI 107gr SMK's , to see if my thoughts were right about fire-forming factory Win 100 gr ammo, std neck.in a "donor rifle I had chambered in .243 std neck .then F/L sizing, used the K&M expander and then neck turned them to .2675,comes out loaded to .268....necks are running .0015-.002 runout before final firing in the Shilen .270 neck chamber. That gives me a "med-hard finger push" "soft"neck tension, and will chamber into the lands ,when chambered in my Savage Target F-T/R /Shilen .243AI... mine is 2.383..seated at(2.390) C.O.A.L Stoney-point ...My throat was chambered to my dummy round by Shilen so I can shoot the 105-115gr heavy bullets..
 I"m like a 63 yr old kid in a candy store right now....I should have discovered paper punchin' a long time ago,,,,Man, this is as great as building race engines......got to pay attention, and there's plenty to learn......makin' little holes is like a 9-10 second run on the drag strip....Yippee
Thanks for listening to my rambling on...
"Hitting it the 1st shot is gun control"
reloader243 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reloader243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 16:34
Sorry, I meant the donor rifle is chambered in .243AI with a .273 neck to fire factory brass/ammo for fire-forming...Hammer%20Hit
"Hitting it the 1st shot is gun control"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 17:10

Thank you for sharing your experience and your enthusiasm with us. I'm excited for you!! Yippee

Please post pics of your new rig and scope if you get a chance, as well. Sounds like a dandy.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 11:41
  reloader243 ------ > Bow      Super    <-----  Chris   

Chris probably did'nt get to read this yet ... was in the copy room with his secretary running off more sample list deals     .... LOL  Know how you feel reloader .... that super deal he gave me on my Nikon was GREAT !

Edited by mercenary1947 - June/14/2008 at 11:46
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 12:52
That's too funny.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
wfeher View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfeher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 21:38
Hey reloader i see you got your much anticapated scope. Great choice in optics, see what a little patients will do. I told you, you were going to absolutely love the glass and construction of the scope. I thought when i bought my leupolds and burris's and nikons and such that i had some of the best glass out there ! UNTIL THE PURCHASE OF MY FIRST 2 SIGHTRON 8-32-56 and then i realized i had good glass finally, not saying the glass in my other scopes are bad but WOW! the glass in my sightron and not only that it's the most percise adjustments on any scope i have or used. Like i said before my buddy with his nightforces said he would much rather have the glass in sightron, but other than that the nightforces are used a billy club if you run out of ammo. Got to love that. So far thats the best thing i ever bought was them 2 sightrons hands down i couldnt be any happier with a new March (just kiddin) Reloader keep us updated with your new scope.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:21
Can I get a copy of that new Sample list. Whistling
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:23
 I think they're all in the mail ....  Wink
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic