OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nesika rifles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nesika rifles
    Posted: June/13/2008 at 12:11
I've never even heard of these...let alone seen one. While at the LGS the other day, a fellow brought one in hoping (I believe) to sell it. It was a very nice stainless / walnut bolt rifle. Apparently he didn't get an offer for what he felt he should so he kind of left in a huff. After he left I asked the counter person about it. He said the fellow wanted $3400 for it. I was floored. In the interest of knowledge only, does that sound right? Please splain to me! It was nice and all but I believe, for high dollar toys, I'd rather get a Dakota 10. What say everybody else?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 12:28
Never seen one in person.  They make great actions and rifles, by reputation.  Expensive.  I assume he had a hunting rifle as opposed to a tactical rifle.  In mint condition it may have been worth it if that is your thing.  Personally not mine.  Wby., Cooper, Rem. 700, Kimber and a few others.  H-S Precision for half that much would be my choice if I was going in that direction for that type of rifle.  Maybe even a Nosler.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 14:28
I have a Nesika action on a custom long range rifle.  They are made like the proverbial Swiss watch.  BTW, Nesika is owned by Dakota, and is no more expensive than anything with the Dakota logo on it.  The Nesika rifles are extremely nice, and their actions are fantastic choices as the basis for a custom competition rifle.  As for their varmint rifles, they will absolutely shoot with most anything you can buy.  They may be worth the asking price, but I personally wouldn't spend what they are asking for them when you can get a Cooper for half the price that comes with just as pretty wood and will shoot almost as good as the Nesika.

Here is my long range precision 6BR with a Nesika solid bottom Model T action:
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 14:55
Nice rig Ted.  Do you shoot competition.  I must correct one point.  Being a watch fanatic and collector.  The tolerances for a Swiss watch of excellent heritage are far greater than that of any rifle action could ever be think about being.  I know you were making an analogy, but I just had to make that point.  One more thing, your spousal radar must be of less sensitivity and range than mine.  Damn, I hate that.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 17:44
Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

Nice rig Ted.  Do you shoot competition.  I must correct one point.  Being a watch fanatic and collector.  The tolerances for a Swiss watch of excellent heritage are far greater than that of any rifle action could ever be think about being.  I know you were making an analogy, but I just had to make that point.  One more thing, your spousal radar must be of less sensitivity and range than mine.  Damn, I hate that.

No, I don't shoot competition.  I started getting into competitive benchrest shooting, but I just don't have the time to do all the travel required to compete in the sport.  Maybe when I retire.  This rifle doesn't conform to the specs of any sanctioned competition, though it comes closest to an F-Class rig.  I built it to be a spooky accurate long range prairie dog exterminating device, a task it is brutally efficient at!

As for the spousal management issue, I have a side fund devoted to my toys.  She has no clue what's inside my gun safe and can't discern one gun from another, and I like keeping it that way.  She seemingly has no natural curiosity that prompts her to take inventory of my guns.  She's also cool with me being out hunting every weekend in October - January, or at least she seems to be.  If not... oh, well...
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 06:07
Yeah I have a side fund also that is brutally low right now.  Now my wife has a curiosity not to what type of guns I have but the volume.  This is only because of the fact we are living in her house since I divorced my ex and it is small and it is an issue of storage.  Hopefully we are going to build soon and have an official gun room with a safe door and the issue of the storage and the lack thereof will no longer be an issue.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 09:40
If it helps Dolphin, you can store any IWC divers watches at my place ;)
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 12:48
Thanks everybody for the replies. Interesting stuff. I've only been at this rifle stuff for about 4 years. Prior to that I was pretty much an archery junkie. I shot 3-D and hunted a lot, and managed to take some nice critters with the bow / arrow. Now I've got some nasty osteo-arthritis in both hands (shooting the bow is quite painful) so the rifles are much easier on me. I like to keep learning. That Nesika was nice but I wouldn't ever spend that kind of cash at this point in my life. Hell, I'm the same age as Tim Russert who just croaked!  Geez Louise! Besides I've got three good bolt actions and one nice Ruger 1. I'm kinda liking those single shots. Maybe an 1885 is in the cards? We'll see. BTW, cool rifle Ted.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:16
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

If it helps Dolphin, you can store any IWC divers watches at my place ;)
 You know, that is one brand I do not own.  Over priced for what you get.  Nice though.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 13:53
Texas Timex...............This was a gag pic for Leupold "Gold Ring" lovers for another site.

Edited by Roy Finn - June/16/2008 at 13:55
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 14:33
Excellent
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 14:34
You gotta love that.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 14:45
I try not to miss those opportunities when they present themselves.

Roy
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 16:46
I think you should leave the yellow band on your Elite 4200... that looks really sharp!Wink
Ted

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:05
I am not sure, but maybe he should do something to that Texas Timex to jazz it up a little bit.  Ted, I know you own one of those.Smile
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 17:15
Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

I am not sure, but maybe he should do something to that Texas Timex to jazz it up a little bit.  Ted, I know you own one of those.Smile

Nope, I don't even wear a watch, in fact.  I use my cell phone to tell what time it is.
Ted

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2008 at 18:57
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Nope, I don't even wear a watch, in fact.  I use my cell phone to tell what time it is.

Thunbs%20Up I don't need to take along a travel alarm clock anymore, either. No planner, no PDA and the list goes on.
Now back to our regular scheduled programming. The only thing I know about these guns is they appear to have very high quality machining. A few shooters at the club have them and there are no cutter over runs or machine marks anywhere. These are all target guns, BTW.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic