OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris mounts for Tikka

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris mounts for Tikka
    Posted: June/09/2008 at 22:00
Hey guys, new to the forum. Tried searching with no luck. I just baught a tikka t3 lite ss left hand model, with that i got burris mounts my problem is that i cant get the front ring into the base. The ring has a dove tail and the mount has a slot for the dove tail to slide into? Then i thought you were supposed to turn the ring to lock it into the base? but the ring will not turn in the base? am i doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
cubb View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 07:11
anyone?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2008 at 10:26
What are you using to turn the ring in the dovetail? Some of them can be pretty tight fitting. You could try using a long wooden dowel and see if that helps.
Welcome to O.T.

Edited by tahqua - June/12/2008 at 10:27
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2008 at 11:19

The rifle did come with rings?  They are quite reasonable.  So, from what I understand, you placed Burris mounts on the rifle and are using dove tail rings?

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 15:04
Contrary to Dolphin's claim, the Tikka rings suck.  Badly. (Sorry, Dolphin, I learned this the hard way - photos available if needed.)

There is no slot on a Tikka action, the front ring is not locked in a fore/aft position, the rear ring has a stake that goes into a recess in the rail and that is what prevents the scope from moving along the rail.  Be advised, if you use the original rings and the gun recoils much at all, you will rip the metal stake out the back of the aluminum ring.

I own several Tikkas and have run many, many mount combinations and can highly recommend both the Talley rings (my favorite) and the Warne rings (a pain to mount but very solid.)  I have not mounted Burris rings; however, if you are seeing a cross-bolt similar to Weaver or 1913 rail-configuration, those aren't rings for a Tikka.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic