OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

mini holographic scopes experiences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mini holographic scopes experiences
    Posted: June/09/2008 at 19:34
Im interested in one mini holo sights for my .40pistol (also for my rifle)..I see the doctersight and the burris fastfire (there are others ?).Do you have any experience with any of them ?
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 08:11
what kind of experience?? the doctor sights work will, burris is an improvement, has an on and off switch. . difficult in holster carry. best are C more, but has a rheostat on and off -- good for IPSC but not for carry.  All share the characteristic of heads up shooting with a larger "panorama" in the screen, but this is definitely a negative in the "carry" gun area- this applys to pistol
when used on long gun, they are almost too small, when compared to a dot designed for a rifle like an aimpoint, or a good 1x4 with an illuminated recticle. typically illuminated reticles are used in low light conditions, but if your trained on a dot suchas a C more on a pistol-- using the illuminated reticle in daylight is even better.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2008 at 13:14
Being trained on the dot is the key words as Dale said. After putting one an a MK III Ruger for a short time I was uncomfortable with the time it took me to aquire the dot to be able to aim. If more time was spent on practice surely I could have aquired more speed but  decided to go back to Iron Sights. I'm getting older and it takes longer to pick up the newer skills.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2008 at 10:53
3_tens,

I was wondering what to put on my Ruger MKIII.  I have a Bush 2-6x32 Firefly 3200 and figured it may be a bit heavy to carry.

Also wondered about fiber optic front sights.  Are they worth the cost? 
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:23
Originally posted by brodeur272 brodeur272 wrote:

Also wondered about fiber optic front sights.  Are they worth the cost? 

I think you would like the usefullness of them, but , their appearance leaves a little to be desired IMHO .
Derek
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 05:13
Have th HiViz coming in.  Will post my results/experience once it is mounted...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic