OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Latest Generation Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest Generation Super Sniper
    Posted: June/07/2008 at 14:40
Bet you all thought I died again.   Not yet!!   Havnt ben arround too much, so I have a question.

I believe about 6 months ago the board was busy with the promise of the new variable SS.  Still waiting?   Well I need to buy a new 20x SS for a .308 I just replaced.  (replaceing everything due to a near death experiance)  Have any improvements ben made on the glass quality or anything else lately?   Yes, the 20x was allittle dim I know, but is there a new generation to be had?  The 20x is what I use from 600 to 1000yds.  Why, 2 reasons. Thats the way it is , and I need those 100 plus inches to shoot this old lady at 1k.

Hope everyone here is coping very well, life is quite short when your time comes near. Life is for living, please live like you mean it!

Best Reguards, Hot30
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 16:00
I'm pretty sure the 20x has gone un-changed

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 23:36
urimaginaryfrnd, Thanks, I see also the price hasnt changed either.   I know the 20x is not a popular seller when compared to the other two models, but has anything changed with those? 

Hot30
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2008 at 00:32
Everything is pretty much same same they keep selling out of all they can get in and it works so why change things. Not sure the price can go on too much longer everything is going up because of shipping. I know the 20 x is not as popular as the 10x but it still has its value you just have to know what to expect. It will be a little grey at dark but still useable. One of these days I hope to have a really top quality glass 6x42 so I can see what I've been missing but for now I cant afford it. I happen to like the 20x and would consider owning another one. I also think that if you are in the market for a 20x or so you should consider the Bushnell 4200 in the 6-24 as you can dial it down when it gets dark. The knobs are different but still finger adjustable.  I enjoy a higher power variable and you can still dial it down to the lowest power and hunt with it.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2008 at 22:59
I like Bushnell also, I will like them even more when they put some inches on the elevator.
 Have to go with the SS, last I knew they run right arround 120 inches, 60 up or down, is this right?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2008 at 10:16
Good to see you back around.

Doug
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 15:23
Tahqua, its good to be arround.  If I remember right, your in the northland.  You getting wet up there?   Its raining in the southeast, sure needed it. 

Good to see " everyone " is still arround.

Hot30
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2008 at 14:59
We have been getting quite a bit in the Detroit area. The beach out in front of me on Lake Superior is almost back to normal levels.

Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic