OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

vehicles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vehicles
    Posted: June/06/2008 at 20:57
does anybody in here own a gmc acadia, buick enclave or saturn outlook?? let me know if any of you do.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 06:38
  Nope, but I've got a friend that owns the GMC Acadia. For a "mid sized" suv, I like it and I'm a Ford man.  The way things are looking though with $140 a barrel for oil, I thinking more along the lines of bicycle man. 
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 09:14
Pyro--- I am a bit of a car-aphile..I've  worked in and around the car business for 17 years.. For an opinion on these--they are excellent. Quiet ride, roomy, and the 3.6 is very reliable.. The acceleration is a more than adequate, but not exactly exhilerating. The 6sp tranny shifts well enough, but it is a heavy vehicle for the drivetrain. Gas mileage is around 22'ish on  the highway, and upper teens around town ( Awd-- not traditional 4WD) ) . It's a unibody, so towing more than 3000-4000 lbs isn't an option. Chevrolet will soon replace the Trailblazer with their own version called the Traverse.. Keep in mind with GM, you can only do warranty work on a Buick at a Buick dealer ,etc ( unlike Ford and Chrysler) ...unless you can find a sympathetic service manager who is willing to go through the ringer with GM to get it done ( not easy). If you get happy with the options, it can hit $40,000... Dealers are selling these "fairly" well , as folks move away from Tahoes / Suburbans and the like to crossovers in this class ...

I miss the A-10 ....

Edited by martin3175 - June/07/2008 at 09:16
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 16:22
so how soon do you think chevy will make this move?? the saturn outlook is the same thing but im not sure its as nice as the acadia or the buick enclave is, they are selling them used around here with low miles in my price range which is about $26-28000 i dont tow stuff so thats not an issue, just something to haul the kids around and get around that 20mpg area is fine with me, its only a hair bigger than the jeep we drive now, but not as big as the suburban obviously but big enough for 3 car seats and luggage, i wont buy a mini van so this is the next best thing, i like the yukon denali xl but damn there expensive and not as good on gas.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 16:36
Chevy will have them this fall ,,maybe as early as August . As far as niceties go, the Buick is at the top of the scale, followed by  the GMC and Saturn offering similar equipment levels. In a nutshell,I'd buy one if I was in the market right now.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 16:58
i found it intresting that the saturn had less cargo space than the gmc and buick did, i will go do some more looking and get some specs
well i checked out the 2009 traverse and that looks excellent, also looks like its a great price, starting at $27000, by this time next year i ought to be able to get a good used one

Edited by pyro6999 - June/07/2008 at 21:12
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 21:21
http://automobiles.honda.com/element/element.aspx
Take a look at the honda element, I dont mean from a distance as they are ugly but look inside they are quite practical and have a huge area in the back seat and the floor is kid proof.  I dont have  one but have had two hondas and the more I drive my 3/4 ton Chevy Diesel the more I like the Honda Element.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 21:24
problem is that i need to seat 5 not 4 thats the problem we have with our jeep now
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 08:11
This crossover market is gonna be quite crowded here real soon.. With body on frame truck vehicle design moving towards a more strictly  commercial variant, the light duty market will need to find ways to meet the new Federal fuel economy standards ( lighter - unibody, turbo or supercharged  fours to replace 6 bangers, and the same in souped up 6's to replace V8's, lighter materials, low resistance tires, etc)...

Warthog is back.....

Edited by martin3175 - June/08/2008 at 08:12
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2008 at 19:48
 Here's what kills me ... the politicians want to demand all american manufacturers produce only high fuel mileage vehicles ... not a bad idea ... but they should also BAN the import of any foreign vehicle not living up to those standards also ! Of course there's NO wording to that effect and our companies will be screwed in yet another way by our own leaders . Same old story ..... like NAFTA .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 08:33
We have already succumb to the better gas mileage and smoother ride uni-body design.  I loved the ladder framed ML 270 CDI, that sucker was a mountain goat. It could go anywhere and do it in style and comfort. All the new ML's and GL's are Uni-body.  With ML320 Blue Tec diesel Car and Driver I think got 27 MPG out of it. 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 16:11
Pyro6999 I am an car fanatic too, but usually go foreign, better build quality, reliability and gas mileage.  Honda Odyssey for your family would be great.  Easy accessibility, plenty of room and reasonably good gas mileage with that famous Honda reliability.  My dad drives one and he really does not even need it.  He bought it when my mom was sick and since she passed away he has kept it.

Edited by Dolphin - June/10/2008 at 16:11
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 17:27
Hunter, check out the Ford Escape. It has everything these other vehicles have and can be bought for a very attractive price.

Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic