OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Optical booster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Optical booster
    Posted: June/06/2008 at 08:19
My question is Can i get a Optical booster for a Leupold Mark 4 L/TR 8.5-25x50 ILL TMR?

If so where from?(if not SWFA pm with address)

Pro's and con's of using one?

Thanks for any views or helpful comments.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 08:05
Nobody?
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 08:22
what are you trying to boost?? (car radio, tape deck)
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 09:21
You want an add-on optic to increase the magnification of a 25X scope?  There are so many problems with that, optical and otherwise, as to make it all but impossible to make - and all but useless to deploy.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 11:45
Well i've found a product that will boost the optic by 30% , it has many reviews on other web sites i just wanted to know if anyone else had used,heared about them.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 17:01
 All i heard was you sacrafice light gathering ... don't know anyone who ever tried one near me .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 17:09
I would like to know what that product is and how it works.

Typically you sacrifice image quality with third party add-ons, but since I have not seen the product in question I can't say anything specific.

ILya
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 19:27

I bet you're thinking of something like this, right?

http://www.swfa.com/c-848-aimpoint-3xmag.aspx

Never used one, but I have my doubts...especially boosting the high-end 25X to 75X!
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2008 at 22:09

a multiplier -- sniperhide had a guy selling them about a week ago, made some strong claims.  the multipliers I've used for cameras are marginal, and can't see riflescopes coming even close. I have a 2x muliplier made by Canon for a Canon macro 50  lense, set that is about as good as it gets, and it still has chromatic abbreations (sp?) with vignetting at the edges-- good luck.

Taildrag15X View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taildrag15X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 02:24

PM sent

I like my Gene Davis booster, I have another on order for my Leupold without the threaded eye piece, this time a 4x.  It doesn't boost it 3 times as posted here, it's multiplied by .3, so my 20X50X50 Premier/Leupold is now a 26X65X50, and I can see my .223 holes at 300 yds.

I use them for F-Class Matches @ 300 and 600 yds., theres nothing better that I've tried.  The ability to see the x and rings of the x and 10 is mind blowing, as my scores have improved  since I installed it.  The last match I shot at Peru, N.Y.  I won with a 148-5x, 150-5x, 150-11x for a total of 448-21x, setting the club record and tied the NRA 300 yd F/TR-F/Open record of 150-11x www.nrahq.org/compete/natl-records.asp

A great product, www.bulzeyepro.com
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 07:26
Same product that i've found, but without even using the item it's dismissed and rejected by most .
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taildrag15X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 09:16
Check it out, because seeing is believing.  It carries a 45 day money back warrenty, because not everyones eye will work with it.  Send them an email and talk to Rusty or Gene, they'll help you.  If nothing else check out the web page and read about it.

I don't shoot a match with out it, and my scrores where proof to me.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2008 at 10:41
I've checked it out and spoke to gene ,i have researched the product and have no problem with it and may end up buying one.Other's have different views is what im saying.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taildrag15X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 02:20
That's why I posted public so that others may see and believe. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic