OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

great

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: great
    Posted: May/31/2008 at 20:47
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2008 at 21:04
It's like an extension of the "Condor Preservation Act" ban the lead in bullets, make bullets expensive is another way to control firearms without messing with the "right to bear arms amendment" 

Just my view on it.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2008 at 21:36
i agree, i will be a little bit pissed if i have to start buying etip or tsx type bullets for whitetail deer
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2008 at 21:50
What pisses me off is we eat more lead in products from china, so your deer has a bit of lead in the meat spit it out or don't eat it.How long have we been eating game with lead bullets in them and there is no proof it does any harm.
Get some real evidence it does some harm before they take action imo.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2008 at 23:08
This is where the NRA has to be a active presents in keeping the studies honest and open to the media and members. This is one of those subtle approaches in the name of looking out for our health that will snow-ball into a major habitat and endangered species cause. It is too easy to solve this problem during processing, with out having to add control to the harvest methods. Our oppisition is well aware of the publics panic buttons (lead)  and will lie, cheat and manipulate any information they can conjer up.

Telling everyone that you have lived on lead tanted game for years will do more harm than good. The NRA will have to use these same studies to establish that it does not pose a threat. Or at least there is no conclusive evidence that it does. The opposition has to be beat playing their game on their turf, because they throw the burdon of proof on us. They make the accusation, and if it isn't disputed or truthfully researched. They win!

We all need to e-mail this to the NRA (members or not) with a note saying, Don't wait to get involved, keep us informed. That is one way we all get involved.  Soap%20Box

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2008 at 09:35
 Stupid idiots ... all they're going to acomplish is people will stop donating deer for people who need it . They better get all the allowed rat hair .... magot larva ... and other filth allowed by our food inspectors out of the food on our shelves first ! Not to mention the pounds of can/metal fragmentation after using can openers that we eat . Like the one poster said ... all foreign food sold here has NO inspection by our govt. whatsoever . Think about that the next time you eat imported food .... where that  .35 cents an hour slave laborer in asia had their hands before handling your supper ! Plus disease ridden workers there are not screened . But they are letting workers across our border now with active tuberculosis and every disease known to man handle and prepare food we eat ... and walk in our stores and go to school with our children ... our dear little mexican buddies are NOT immunized from about anything and are bringing deadly diseases here every day . Think of that the next time you put your hands on a shopping cart  .....  Shocked or munch down at a restaurant !
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2008 at 10:00
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

This is where the NRA has to be a active presents in keeping the studies honest and open to the media and members. This is one of those subtle approaches in the name of looking out for our health that will snow-ball into a major habitat and endangered species cause. It is too easy to solve this problem during processing, with out having to add control to the harvest methods. Our oppisition is well aware of the publics panic buttons (lead)  and will lie, cheat and manipulate any information they can conjer up.

Telling everyone that you have lived on lead tanted game for years will do more harm than good. The NRA will have to use these same studies to establish that it does not pose a threat. Or at least there is no conclusive evidence that it does. The opposition has to be beat playing their game on their turf, because they throw the burdon of proof on us. They make the accusation, and if it isn't disputed or truthfully researched. They win!

We all need to e-mail this to the NRA (members or not) with a note saying, Don't wait to get involved, keep us informed. That is one way we all get involved.  Soap%20Box

Yep, this is where the NRA needs another Charleton Heston to give that much-maligned organization some credibility.  Wayne LaPierre just seems to be a lightning rod who is under fire from all sides constantly.  Tom Selleck would be a big help, although he doesn't have the stature that Charleton Heston had, unfortunately.  But, Selleck would certainly have truckloads more stature and credibility than the NRA guys!  When you're outnumbered 1000 to 1 in the public relations/media-propaganda game you need to have someone who is larger-than-life, and totally beyond reproach.  Being world famous would also help a great deal.  Is there a famous WOMAN who could help us?  Someone like, say.....PRINCESS GRACE!!  PRINCESS DI????  Any suggestions that we could e-mail to Wayne??  They need to continue doing what they're doing ( and we appreciate it!!!) BUT, this is POLITICAL WARFARE and we need Ultra-Respected Celebrity Clout of the First Water here!! 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2008 at 06:37
Great points everyone. I am all about being environmentally responsible, but these assholes couldn't care less about the environment, they use it as an excuse to forther their real interests, scale down the guns, and limit domestic oil. Furious 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2008 at 20:10
Originally posted by Ed Connelly 
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Yep, this is where the NRA needs <EM><strong>another Charleton Heston</strong></EM> to give that much-maligned organization some credibility.  Wayne LaPierre just seems to be a lightning rod who is under fire from all sides constantly.  Tom Selleck would be a big help, although he doesn't have the stature that Charleton Heston had, unfortunately.  But, Selleck would certainly have truckloads more stature and credibility than the NRA guys!  When you're outnumbered 1000 to 1 in the public relations/media-propaganda game you need to have someone who is larger-than-life, and totally beyond reproach.  Being world famous would also help a great deal.  Is there a famous WOMAN who could help us?  Someone like, say.....PRINCESS GRACE!!  PRINCESS DI????  Any suggestions that we could e-mail to Wayne??  They need to continue doing what they're doing ( and we appreciate it!!!) BUT, this is POLITICAL WARFARE and we need <strong>Ultra-Respected Celebrity Clout of the First Water</strong> here!!  </DIV>[/QUOTE Ed Connelly

Yep, this is where the NRA needs another Charleton Heston to give that much-maligned organization some credibility.  Wayne LaPierre just seems to be a lightning rod who is under fire from all sides constantly.  Tom Selleck would be a big help, although he doesn't have the stature that Charleton Heston had, unfortunately.  But, Selleck would certainly have truckloads more stature and credibility than the NRA guys!  When you're outnumbered 1000 to 1 in the public relations/media-propaganda game you need to have someone who is larger-than-life, and totally beyond reproach.  Being world famous would also help a great deal.  Is there a famous WOMAN who could help us?  Someone like, say.....PRINCESS GRACE!!  PRINCESS DI????  Any suggestions that we could e-mail to Wayne??  They need to continue doing what they're doing ( and we appreciate it!!!) BUT, this is POLITICAL WARFARE and we need Ultra-Respected Celebrity Clout of the First Water here!! 
[/QUOTE wrote:

If you have means to contact Wayne and some of the others. I wish you would. Selleck would be an excellant P.R. rep. and could turn the tide on some of these subtle endevors by the anti's. Since Heston has passed Selleck would be well received and as for stature, he would have little trouble steping up. I beleive his approach is different, he has a subtle disarming  Character and at the same time is able to control how he is received. Excellent

Character and at the same time is able to control how he is received. Excellent

I have never had any reply to my questions or suggestions, ofcourse it's been atleast six yrs. or more since I've tried. I would hope things have improved since then with staffing. If you do try a contact and get a responce, I would be very interested in what they say. If Selleck could be brought on board full-time I'd feel much better about my contributions and it's effectiveness.

Here is the Larry King interview after Selleck was blind-sided by Rosie O. If he could be convinced to come onboard the NRA he would do wonders because he keeps his head when it counts. That is why he would bring great respect with him. He would demand it from who he represents.

Begin Script
 Rosie Show (clip ends)                                                                                                      

KING:  I know you hadn't talked about it, but...

SELLECK: Look, I haven't talked about it much.

KING: What's your thoughts now in retrospect?

SELLECK: Well, they're the same as they were at the time, you know. For a show like Rosie's, you do pre-interviews. You know, I'm on someone else's nickel -- it's a quarter now -- and, you know, I just told them in the pre-interview that I didn't think that was appropriate when I got a little movie that I've got a supporting role in, I'm trying to promote that is going to open opposite "Star Wars."

And they knew that. And I guess Rosie felt compelled to do it anyway.

KING: So, you were certainly surprised?

SELLECK: Oh, yes.

KING: And why...

SELLECK: So was audience by the way.

KING: They were?

SELLECK: It was one of those -- you know those nightmares actors have? I looked out at the audience, and they're all like this. I mean, it was strange.

KING: Why did you not immediately react and go on and speak about it? I mean, we called and your wonderful manager is a great lady...

SELLECK: Yes.

KING: ... said, you know, Tom likes your show. He would do anything, but he doesn't want to go on about this.

SELLECK: I really felt I had -- when I go out in the public, it's usually promoting a product I'm in for somebody else who has paid me. And I felt I had an ethical obligation to keep the focus on this movie, as big an event as that came to be. Plus I happened to -- I had done so much publicity for it, I had laryngitis for about a week. I really couldn't talk.

That wasn't an excuse, but I just didn't feel it was appropriate. Rosie is a nice person. You know, I think the problem on the show is more one -- and I think we've all been there, you know -- learning how to handle your success when you get the kind of power that comes with it. KING: You think she has had a difficult time with that?

SELLECK: I don't know. I mean, it -- I think she did that day. I mean, that's the best judge for me. But look, she is a nice person. I just, you know...

KING: Have you talked to her since?

SELLECK: No, no. I mean -- I knew Rosie well enough, where all she had to do was, you know, pick up the phone or say, you know, I'm sorry it went that way. I apologize. But she has never seen fit to do that, so...

KING: Yes. And just if -- you feel it's unfair to be asked about one thing when you're there for another?

SELLECK: Well, she is not a journalist. She is a talk show host.

KING: And it's...

SELLECK: There's a big difference.

KING: It's a daytime variety show.

SELLECK: You know, when you go on a talk show, you now, there's an implied contract that what we're going to do -- there's a certain risk in it -- but what we're going to do is mutually beneficial. It was hard enough going on the show when she had "Star Wars" twice -- incidentally shooting at each other -- all over the front of her desk when I'm promoting this little movie that doesn't have a chance in hell. And I'm -- it's not my movie.

I'm just doing DreamWorks a favor, you know, because I'm in it for about three cups of coffee. So I just didn't think it was appropriate. I didn't -- it took all the focus away from the movie. And DreamWorks, I want a relationship with them. I don't want a reputation as someone who goes out and toots their own horn when they're on someone else's nickel.

KING: So, it's an episode...

SELLECK: But I was a gentleman. And that's what my parents taught me to be, so...

KING: In o

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic