OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

can u get disease from possum guts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meat head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can u get disease from possum guts?
    Posted: May/26/2008 at 18:25
hi again fellers Howdy just wonderin if you can get any kind of disease far touching possum guts?

thanks
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 19:40
ask rifledude he may have an idea
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:16
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

ask rifledude he may have an idea

WTF???  Why do you think I would have a clue?  I'm sure you can get diseases from many animals given the right circumstances.

I have to ask, though, what is the origin of this question, MH?  This sounds like the makings of an interesting story!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:17
you live in texas, i would assume you have had a fair share of sightings and heard some stories, in minnesota a possum isnt a creature you just see every day, and you were in here when i wrote that message!!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:28
Oh, o.k., thanks for the vote of confidence.Wink  I can't say I've ever handled any possum guts, but I've eaten quite a few strange critters before.  Ever tried armadillo?  I did once... tasted a little like chicken!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:30
see what i mean, i assume you probably have ate alligator and rattle snake too??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:34
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

see what i mean, i assume you probably have ate alligator and rattle snake too??

Yes to both!  In fact, I've eaten both quite a few times and both are actually pretty good when prepared right!  Come down for a visit, and you can try alligator in several local restaurants serving Cajun food.
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:39
im not a spicy food sorta guy im whimpy in that aspect and i will proudly admit it, medium pace picante sauce is about as hot as i can handle to be honest, i have ate some gumbo and that was rather tasty but im not sure if it was full strength southern style gumbo either, although the guy who made it was from baton rouge
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:54
True Cajun food isn't overly hot, but spicy in a flavorful kind of way.  If it's overpowered by heat, it isn't good Cajun food, my friend!  My dad's family is from Baton Rouge and one of his cousins was a gourmet cook, so I do know good Cajun food.
Ted

Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:56

told it's Good eatin....................Pukers
I'm classic shag nasty type.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:57
Possum.... that's a four legged cockroach...  They eat stuff that will gag a vulture. 
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:57
ok well then the gumbo was probably legit then, cause i hadnt ever had it before, and wasnt sure what to expect but man i ate three bowls worth it was quite tasty.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2008 at 09:46
Originally posted by pyro6999<strong> pyro6999 wrote:

im not a spicy food sorta guy im whimpy in that aspect and i will proudly admit it, medium pace picante sauce is about as hot as i can handle to be honest
, i have ate some gumbo and that was rather tasty but im not sure if it was full strength southern style gumbo either, although the guy who made it was from baton rouge

OH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Howdy

" We weel catch that Pyro Yanqui gringo and make heem eat a whole plateful of refritos y chilis with picante and habanero salsa and Tabasco sauce and thee Texas Pete HOTTER sauce with the jalapenos on the top of it!!! And we will string him up if he don't eat it!!!"  Bandito       
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2008 at 10:39
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2008 at 12:35
Originally posted by meat head meat head wrote:

hi again fellers Howdy just wonderin if you can get any kind of disease far touching possum guts?

thanks

I've killed my share of possum but ain't never cared to gut one. I had 4 Perdue broiler houses for 11 yrs. and possum love them day old chicks.
But I have a few cousins in Edgecombe county that eat possum and coon now and then and other than being big foot ugly they never got sick from it. I spect as long as it ain't rotten and you wash your hands good you can gut as many as you want.
He's a scavenger like a turtle or a coot so if you don't mind the fishy/mud taste
bon-apatiteEat%20and%20Drink
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2008 at 22:43
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999<strong> pyro6999 wrote:

im not a spicy food sorta guy im whimpy in that aspect and i will proudly admit it, medium pace picante sauce is about as hot as i can handle to be honest
, i have ate some gumbo and that was rather tasty but im not sure if it was full strength southern style gumbo either, although the guy who made it was from baton rouge

OH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Howdy

" We weel catch that Pyro Yanqui gringo and make heem eat a whole plateful of refritos y chilis with picante and habanero salsa and Tabasco sauce and thee Texas Pete HOTTER sauce with the jalapenos on the top of it!!! And we will string him up if he don't eat it!!!"  Bandito       

try some of this
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2008 at 06:38
Senor Eduardo (Woodworm) Connellio should get some of that Legend hot sauce.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2008 at 08:55
THANKS, PYRO!!!! What a great website!!!! I will have to put some of that in my next crock pot of chili!!!!   Merry%20Christmas     Eat%20and%20Drink      YEE HAAAA    Bandito    

" Senor Pyro, he ees mi amigo!!! "    Smoking%20Bandit        " I don' theenk I weel keel him this week...."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2008 at 21:03
my wifes cousin is a hot sauce collector, and he has some stuff called da bomb, and they also have some stuff called da bomb beyond insanity, and im not kidding you here, at hunting camp 2yrs ago we dumped out 2 quart jars of homemade salsa and then dipped a toothpick in the bottle of da bomb beyond insanity and then stirred it around in the salsa and im telling you that stuff was so hot from that little bit on the end of the toothpick that i got some on my finger from dipping a chip in the bowl and then rubbed my forehead on accident with that finger and my forehead turned red and started to burn also, and its nowhere near as hot as most of the stuff on that website, so i cant imagine how bad that other stuff is, anything you eat that has a warning label on it is crazy.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2008 at 21:51
Why not just light a blowtorch and open you mouth?  I enjoy spicy, but when you can't breathe it is too hot!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic