OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need info on SS scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2004 at 13:26

The knob reads, "Bullet Impact Up" and has an arrow pointing counter clockwise the other reads, "Bullet Impact R" and an arrow pointing counter-clockwise.  What this means is that if you are aiming at the bulls eye of the target and your bullet impacts to the left of the bulls eye then you would want to move the bullet impact to the right by turning the knob counter clockwise.  If you are thinking you need to move the bullseye to the bullet impact then your adjustments would appear to be back wards.

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2004 at 19:02

It went the wrong way when trying to bore sight the thing.  Looking at the target through the barrell of my rifle and then moving the crosshairs left which I needed to do, the whole sight picture moved farther right.  The only thing I could see through the scope was the right edge of the target stand.

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2004 at 10:51
Ok I have found out that the knobs on my scope are backwards.  I have looked at them, and a buddy of mine who is in a U.S. Marine Corps Sniper Platoon has looked at it, he says they are backwards.  What do you suggest I do about it.  Should I send the scope back to you or is there anyway I can get this thing fixed.  I'm considering a Leupold to replace this scope but there just so expensive.  Which is one of the reasons I got the SS10x42.  I guess you get what you pay for.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2004 at 12:49

OK I have found out that the knobs on my scope are backwards.  I have looked at them, and a buddy of mine who is in a U.S. Marine Corps Sniper Platoon has looked at it, he says they are backwards.  What do you suggest I do about it.  Should I send the scope back to you or is there anyway I can get this thing fixed.  I'm considering a Leupold to replace this scope but there just so expensive.  Which is one of the reasons I got the SS10x42.  I guess you get what you pay for.

There are two types of scope adjustments.  Both types are marked up or down and left and right.  Some scopes are set up to move the point of aim to the bullet impact, others are set up to move the bullet impact to the aiming point.  Your knobs are not backwards it is just your thinking that is.  There is nothing to fix.  Does the reticle move up and down and left and right?  Just change your thinking and turn it the opposite way you think you should turn it until you understand how it works.  If you still insist that your adjustments are backwards then send it to Bushnell for inspection.  And yes you do get what you pay for and in this case it is an excellent scope at an unbelievable price.

hs308man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hs308man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2004 at 20:24
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

old shooter wrote:

how does the kahles 6x42 compare with the SS series/  Are there pre-set cams/caps/BDC apparatus for specific calibers/loads for either line? (as in M-3)   Where can I find 26mm rings to fit a standard m1913/Picatinny rail?

The Kahles is a better scope.  Uses better glass and coatings as well as a hammer forged steel tube.  They do not have as much adjustment range however.  The Kahles KZF scopes are no longer imported, when they were they did have bullet drop cams like a M3, the SS has never had cams available.  Leupold did make 26mm rings at one time, they are hard to find by any maker currently, your best bet would be to do a search on one of the popular search engines like Google or Yahoo.

Chris I was really suprised to read your post stating that the 6X Kahles, like the one used by the Israelis, is superior to the SS, since the SS is a SWAFA exclusive.

Also there was a post that a company called "Kenton Industries" makes a BDC type knob for the SS. Do you reccomend them?

LAR DRAGOON
"Victory To The Bold"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2004 at 11:18

Sometimes the truth hurts.

We have been meaning to add Kenton Industries to our site for some time but it just never seems to happen.  He is a great guy with a first class product.  We highly recommend his company and products.

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2004 at 13:55

This SS10x42 is so awsome.  Thanks for putting out such a good optic.  I have mine mounted on a Savage 10FP in .308.  I'm shooting 175grain Sierra Matchking bullets.  The SS10x42 has crisp adjusments for zeroing and making wind calls.  Love the parallax adjustment.  I can shoot three round groups that fit inside of a Dime at 100 yards with plenty of Dime left all around.  Pretty much all the holes touch.  Also this scope makes it very easy to down steel targets at 500 yards like it's nothing.  Can't wait to go to a 1000 yard range and see what'll do.  What a product.  Anyone looking for a good scope should consider this one.  People ask me all the time what it is.  I tell them and they almost can't believe it.

Edited by Mithran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic