OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swift scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swift scopes
    Posted: May/14/2008 at 14:09
Has anyone looked through the Swift Premier scopes? Are they good?
I've never seen one and i am worried that their Quadraplex reticle may not be easily visible in low light.
Thanks.

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 14:35
 Don't know but if you want a rectile visible in low light .... check out the IR / Illuminated rectiles . I love mine ....
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 15:55
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

Has anyone looked through the Swift Premier scopes? Are they good?
I've never seen one and i am worried that their Quadraplex reticle may not be easily visible in low light.
Thanks.

Anyone who has experience with these scopes and bino's please share.
I have a older pair of Swift 10x50's that are awesome. As bulky and heavy as their are I don't hunt without them. If their scopes are near as good as the bino's then they have to be up there with Zeiss and Swarovski. I've borrowed some Zeiss scopes on occasion and though they are great at low light these Swift bino's are the deal. Ofcourse that should be the case, but I've heard several guy's say their (high end) scope out did their bino's.  Shocked

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 16:17
The swift scopes are pretty descent in the low/low-mid priced catagory.  With that said, you can not expect these scopes to compete with the mid-priced nikons or buschnells.  I highly recommend a look at the 4200 3x9x40, it is probably the best deal going.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2008 at 08:02
I agree.  The Swift is a very good scope for the money.  I have one, 4-12x40, that I have used for hunting for about 9 years.  Have run 3 daughters and a wife through it.  No shots ever taken with it over 200yds, but clear and visible quadraplex reticle even in low light, good eye relief, fast acquisition.  2 daughters consistently shot sub-MOA (Browning BAR .243) with it, 1 was REALLY good with it.  And, among the best warranties going.  Anything ever goes wrong with it, your fault, their fault, nobody's fault, take it in to a dealer who sells their scopes and they will replace it as long as you have the original receipt.  Just checking a couple of years ago, I called a place that sells them, said "X years ago I bought a Swift scope, was riding a four wheeler and rifle fell off, a truck right behind me ran over the scope and smashed it." They said, "bring it in and we will replace it".  No questions.  Not sure if everyone would be that good, but it impressed me. 

It is not my favorite scope, but it is good and dependable.  A great value. 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 07:08
Great scopes all around and especially for the money.  I own several of their scopes and do not ever hesitate to consider buying another, especially when money is tight.  Never had a problem with any of them and the optics a clear and bright.  No, they do not measure up to my Leupolds or Trijicon, but they come pretty close, until you turn up the mag. to say 16x.  Nicely built scopes from Korea, not China.  I cannot stand Chi-com crap.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 07:17
thing i like about them is there warranty, the vortex diamond back i looked at a while ago has the same type of warranty also, they are based out of wisconsin, and there scope is on par with the swift as well. i would look at both of them in that price range.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 08:08
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

It is not my favorite scope, but it is good and dependable.  A great value. 

+1 .Big%20Smile
Derek
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 13:10
I too like the Swift scopes.
NOT my all time favorite, but they are very decent scope for the money.

Eye relief on the ones I have fooled with was a little short or so I thought.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 20:08
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I too like the Swift scopes.
NOT my all time favorite, but they are very decent scope for the money.

Eye relief on the ones I have fooled with was a little short or so I thought.

i will agree with you there mark, i will say that for a kids scope on a .243 or something like that its a great value
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 21:39
See the threads at "Sub $400 24X scope recommendations" and also at "Have 2 Rifles need 2 Scopes for $500". The Swifts come pretty well recommended, not only by me. Mine has helped cause the demise of 13 deer, all one shot kills, and one skunk who sprayed me as I was coming up over the edge of a ridge right at dark. The Swift has also been on a 30-06 and a 7mmMag, with no detriment. Not a lot of rounds on those rifles though...about 10 on each. There are certainly better scopes...they cost more. Look through one and compare it to some of the others mentioned, then determine for yourself if it will fit your needs and if the extras on the high dollar scopes are worth it to you. I've never replaced the Swift because I never needed to.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2008 at 12:37
Just a quick update/reclama...did some NEW research on the Swift warranty.  As I said, it was several year ago when I checked and original purchase was right at 10 years ago, now...Before I knew about SWFA. 
Dealer will no longer take a damaged scope and replace.  If there is a defect, it can be repaired or replaced, but appears to be up to Swift.  Good things never last forever.  Not a bad warranty, but makes Swift less of a "deal".  Still a good deal, though. 
thinkingman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinkingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2008 at 14:03
great scopes for low recoil paper punching.
I would not trust them on a rifle with significant recoil.
I have lots of rds of .223 and 22lr under a Swift scope.
I got them before the price increase.
Still, better than a Simmons or Tasco.
As good as a Leupold rifleman or VX-I
BayouBuck View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2008 at 16:24
I have a Swift Premier 3-9x40 and really don't care for it. I got it to put on a 444 marlin that we can use during ML season. At 3x it is clear but the edges are hazy and turned up the its like your in a fog but, it held zero so I hunted with it this season and just replaced it with a Buckmaster 3-9x50. I dont know if this is normal or not just my experience.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2008 at 16:59
I own many scopes, but have many Swift scopes and they have always been crystal clear from edge to edge.  As with any scope you have to use the eye piece focus ring to get them in focus when you encounter a problem.  All scopes I own from inexpensive to expensive have this special need.  Until I learned how to focus a Swarovski in a local gun shop I thought they were nothing special.  After learning about the scope I understood why people like them, though I still can't cough up the cash they want.

Edited by Dolphin - May/20/2008 at 17:00
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic