OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Scope Repair Service closing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Scope Repair Service closing
    Posted: May/14/2008 at 06:22
    Just thought I'd pass along the word that Frank Ruiz is closing shop. BIG loss for us classic Weaver fans. He did three scopes for me(just got one back last week)and am more than pleased with them. They're not taking anymore scopes and when the ones they're repairing now are done,that's it. Bummer is I just picked up,for FREE,a K12-1 w/AO that is cosmetically flawless but I'm sure it's not sealed. May put it on a .22 for squirrel huntin and see what happens.

til later
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 07:53
ATK states that they will be covering all the warranty on Weaver scopes.  Go to www.weaver-mounts.com.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 07:54
Also, see previous posts.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 09:28
    Dolphin,I should have been more specific. WSRS is/was the ONLY place that worked on the old steel body Weavers.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 18:16
You don't mean that ATK is going to fix old El Paso Weavers, do you??  Stare   This is beyond tragic news...................  it IS the end of Civilization...........!!    Hung   
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 18:29
     DON"T THINK SO ED!!  I talked to WSRS this morning asking for recommendations to another repair shop. They had none.  The scopes they have in their shop now that have been paid for will be repaired and returned to the customer. Those they have that have not received payment of repair for will be returned as is to the customer.  REALLY SUCKS!!!

til later
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2008 at 19:22
Eek    This is a disaster.  Well, won't Parsons fix, repair Weaver?  I don't have any that need anything.....but it is nice to know that there is someone out there. Indiana%20Jones
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2008 at 06:14
      Ed,it's been atleast a year since I contacted Parsons and he wasn't working on them at that time.  I read else where that parts for the old Weavers are available(from Germany I think)but the quality of them has dropped and that was one reason WSRS is closing up. Maybe someone else will give it a go but I'll be waiting for ALOT of positive feedback before I'll send one out.

til later
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2008 at 23:49
DAMMIT!!!! I had 2 scopes I wanted to send him and I waited too long. One I've had for 30+ years. Guess I'm gonna have to replace it with one of them new fangled aluminum scopes or go to peep sights.
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 09:52
  Yea Steve,they're not worth keeping now so I'll take'em off your hands(for free,I won't charge ya a thing)and give them a proper burial. If you decide to hold on to them I'll let OT know if I find out anything about a shop for rebuilds.

til later

Edited by 300S&W - May/17/2008 at 10:39
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 14:17
Originally posted by scubasteve scubasteve wrote:

DAMMIT!!!! I had 2 scopes I wanted to send him and I waited too long. One I've had for 30+ years. Guess I'm gonna have to replace it with one of them new fangled aluminum scopes or go to peep sights.

ummmm........you'll have to get a bow and arrow now!!        Wink  
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2008 at 19:29
I am considering the purchace of a traditional longbow with matching loin cloth.
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
Jumpin View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 20:55
Is Frank selling his parts to someone else? I just need a windage adjustment cap for a ca1970 K3.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 06:42
        J,I just read that http://ironsightinc.com/ bought Franks parts and SCOPES. Hope they can help. Let us know the outcome if you would.

til later
Sandspur6 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandspur6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2008 at 18:04
The Ironsight Incorporated website says that they will repair Fixed Power Weaver scopes. Their posted flat rate is $75.00 which includes shipping. Sounds a little steep, but they're apparently the only show in town. Think I'll give'em a try. JL
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 08:49
Originally posted by scubasteve scubasteve wrote:

I am considering the purchace of a traditional longbow with matching loin cloth.

My God .... don't give ED any ideas .... he'll be posting pics of himself in a loin cloth !!!!            Pukers
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic