OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

super sniper scope?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote survivorjl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2008 at 22:44
I've been shooting with mine in the 300 to 400 yard range with similar results with a .308.

Very impressive. Great scope and easy to use.
He who endures until the end...
mason View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2008 at 21:51
I did the 50 turns per knob when I got mine last week to work the grease
in. Wednesday morning it was 50 degrees while shooting and the knobs did stiffen up some but I still felt the clicking (but did not hear it as much)

I like the side paralex knob but find I have to be more careful about setting rifle down. It seems with the rear adjuster you could just lay your rifle down on the left side with out much thougt.

I would definately consider the rear focus for a second SS
survivorjl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote survivorjl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2008 at 22:30
Mine is a rear focus.

I actually put off buying a Super Sniper because I was very skeptical of the rear focus but didn't want to spend the extra hundred just for the side mounted knob.

After being dissatisfied with other (more expensive) scopes I figured I might as well try one and am glad I did. 
LE2885 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE2885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2008 at 01:45
hey..im a bit new with scopes n am lookin 2 learn a lot..im buyin a remington 700 .308...im looking 2 get a nice scope for it..price isnt that big a deal, but im not looking for the 1000$ n up range..i just want a good scope thatll give me clarity n accuracy up to a few hundred yards..i like the sniper scopes by SWFA...i found this 10-40x50mm long range scope by osprey international..any1 kno anythin about it? how is it? 
survivorjl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote survivorjl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2008 at 17:40
I'm not familiar with Osprey products but 10-40X is seriously over-kill.

I'd go with a fixed 10X S.S. or if you want a variable and are only shooting a few hundred yards as you stated, a 2.5-10x42 mildot Nikon Monarch will work well for about $400 or  maybe a 4-16X  mildot Bushnell Elite 4200.
Hookset View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2008 at 23:56
I have the 16X SS and love it.  It sits on a my Savage 12FV in .223.  I love the rear ocus as well. 
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 01:27
Originally posted by LE2885 LE2885 wrote:

hey..im a bit new with scopes n am lookin 2 learn a lot..im buyin a remington 700 .308...im looking 2 get a nice scope for it..price isnt that big a deal, but im not looking for the 1000$ n up range..i just want a good scope thatll give me clarity n accuracy up to a few hundred yards..i like the sniper scopes by SWFA...i found this 10-40x50mm long range scope by osprey international..any1 kno anythin about it? how is it? 

Well, the first thing I would ask is what is the application of the scope?  If you say paper puncher in daylight hours, I'd say 10X SS if you are more of a low light hunting situation I'd op'ed for a variable like the nikon or 4200.   So first tell us what you will do the most of and go from there.

Mike   
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
LE2885 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE2885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 16:51
thanks everyone whos given me suggestions...as far as what im using the scope for is basically all target shooting..im in the police academy now n am looking to get my skill shooting up for when i go into different units..they got a sniper team that uses the remington 700..i figure if i start now, ill get good enough..so i def want a scope thats gona give me great accuracy at great distance...im up for anythin, i just dont wana really spend a lot more then the gun itself..i was recommended the savage arms .308 law enforcement rifle...supposedly its better then the rem700...any thoughts? so my scope would b for whichever model i go with and for target...thanks
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2008 at 17:02
Originally posted by LE2885 LE2885 wrote:

i was recommended the savage arms .308 law enforcement rifle...supposedly its better then the rem700...any thoughts? 

Yeah, I have a few thoughts on that statement, but the forums potty mouth fliter won't allow me to elaborate......Big%20Grin

The Savage LE is a good rifle. Wicked accurate out of the box.
Go for it and the 10x SS.  

Edited by cheaptrick - November/10/2008 at 17:02
billcavazos View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billcavazos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 01:36
The Super Sniper can be a very good scope. Make sure you check it out very well. The Quality Assurance for some reason is not perfect on this scope. Most are very good and reliable. Have you guys seen the new 3x9 variable SS? Pretty cool. Cost is about $600
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 10:11
Sounds like a good value.Thunbs Up

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic