OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HD Tactical Mounts???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD Tactical Mounts???
    Posted: December/08/2004 at 11:46
I recently purchased a Savage 10FP-LE1a .308 with the synthetic Choate varmit stock. I am looking to mount a
leupold tactical mark 4 scope. I want some seriously tough and rugged mounts... suggestions?
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2004 at 13:05
Badger Ordnance for sure.
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2004 at 11:47

ditto, nothing but badger.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
trobert View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2004 at 15:03
How does one use a mounting rail to gain extra moa adjustment from a scope? A friend
told me that one can use a 20 degree or 30 degree mounting rail to gain more adjustment
from a scope? What are the pros and cons of this?
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2004 at 15:36

the badger base will have the 20MOA forward cant, meaning it saves 20MOA of your adjustments in the scope, for long range work with a caliber that had alot of trajectory, or a scope that doesnt have as much adjustments. theres alot of pros, and im not aware of any cons. good gun choce BTW, very very accurate gun for the money, and much more.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2004 at 18:38

My Badger bases are 20 moa canted. Some are zero cant. As redneck stated, theres no real downside by having 20 moa rails.

Some scopes are harder to zero at 100 yards due to the cant, but my USO SN-3 has no issues.

The advantage is really for LONG range shooting. Depends on scope and it's adjustments too. 

Most .308's won't benefit from canted bases, but I use them anyway. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic