OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope Selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 17:31
i think i will take my chances with the 4200 and monarch ucc myself
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 17:39
yes, sounds like a good idea. I haven't seen a whole lot of people telling us that their 4200 scopes broke in half when they shot their rifle, have you? I am SOLD on the 4200 and I don't even own one.  I did have a 3200 and it was quite good---and water repellant!!Light%20It%20Up
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 17:41
i havent looked at a 3200 besides inside a store, it looks like a nice scope, the 4200 is nice also.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 17:46
Has anyone got anything negative to say about the Nikon Buckmaster series?? Are they flying apart in little pieces???  I am curious about the 4.5X14 Buckmaster because it is so long that it would actually fit on my old Winchester and not bang into the rear sight. Shocked 

Another candidate would be the NEW Bushnell 4200 4X16 side focus number---it is very long in the tube.....   (signed) Pedro Eduardo Antonio Bustamante Y Pain In The Ass-OBandito
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 17:52
i have owned more buckmaster scopes than any other with a total of 3 of them and havent had a problem one
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 18:48
Well that's good news! How would you rate the optics? ---compared to what?  Are they clear and crisp or are they blurry like a NC Star that was hit in the lens with a snowball?? Bucky   
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 20:25
hmm, its about like a fullfieldII i had that was a few years old, they are a nice scope in there price range for sure
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 21:30
I have a Nikon Laser IRT that has been bounced between .220Swift and 30-06 numerous times, nearly 250 rounds, and it is GOOD. Nikon is impressive, to me. Optics are very clean. For the $, excellent.

trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 22:26
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i would look at a zeiss conquest with the z-600 reticle
i know its a little more than your budget but far as glass quality goes not a bad choice

+1 This is a very thin ballistic reticle, but with a bright scope, you can still see it at low light. Works great also. Might check out the rapid-z calculator, and see what reticle works for your caliber.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 05:06
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Has anyone got anything negative to say about the Nikon Buckmaster series?? Are they flying apart in little pieces???  I am curious about the 4.5X14 Buckmaster because it is so long that it would actually fit on my old Winchester and not bang into the rear sight. Shocked 

Had an older BM 4.5-14x with a Nikoplex reticle on a .300 RUM for a while. POI never moved.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 05:52
ive had 3x9's on 300wsm 30-06 7-08 22-250 .280rem no problems here either
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 16:23
okay!!  No flying apart!!! That's good.   Pretty good optics....better than Leupold VX-II ( Thank you, Cyborg! Dead)  No problems, etc..... Hmmm...... Sounds pretty good....  

Bandito   maybe I have to see this steenking scope !!  No?? Smoking%20Bandit     Arriba!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 19:20
Google%20It        We are looking for a smallish, little Mexican dude that is making a lot of trouble.  You will be sure to contact us if you see or hear from this desperado, won't you??  Dirty%20Harry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic