OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Walther G22 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walther G22 Tactical
    Posted: May/10/2008 at 02:41
Greetings from the land of eternal sunshine and burning temperatures!!

I just bought a Walther G22 and am looking to go fully tactical with it. It has a CAA Pgrip (pivoting bipod/foreward grip) and soon it will have a light mount and such. Has a red-dot on it right now, but I'm in the market for a tactical scope on a limited budget. Also, when I go out target shooting w/ my friends we are going to have targets from 25yards up to 100...so I'll need some good magnification to see my groups on the shoot-n-see targets.

Possibilities:

Aetec 4.5-16
Nikon buckmaster 4.5-16
Barska 3.5-10 (little low on top end magnification)

Anyone have any other ideas?? Please remember that I'm looking for a tactical looking scope that would complement my G22 and a max budget of $200-250 shipped to my door.

Here is a big hi-5 and many thanks to all of you who reply to this!!
Experience death then live life!!
"I knew it...I'm surrounded by a bunch of assholes!"-Dark Helmet in Spaceballs
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 09:45
Of the three you mentioned I would have far more confidence in the Nikon. Swift makes some Premier models in your price range and there are some members around here who like them.
http://www.swfa.com/showcategory.aspx?categoryid=380&sb=Name&so=asc&page=2
Mueller is picking up some fans, also, and are in your price range. http://www.swfa.com/c-1339-mueller-riflescopes.aspx
gixxer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 01:29
Thanks bro-

Mueller is looking good...I really like the sport knobs, IR, and the tactical look to it. Anyone have any complaints on Mueller?? Kind of like the good/bad of them?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2008 at 10:20
Most of the talk here has been positive. I found this using the search function at the top of the screen
gixxer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 05:23
anyone use any barska scopes? like the 6-24x60 tactical? do they have decent glass? I'm only looking at the 24 power to zoom in on my groups at 100 yards.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 13:02
I would post what I found under the search function but I can summarize the consensus here. They are not very good optically nor mechanically. If you did want one I would certainly suggest a low power fixed. A high powered variable is no place to skimp on optics.
gixxer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2008 at 15:40
dont hate me tahqua, but i just won a Barska SWAT 10-40x50mm IR mildot with the side focus NIB...for a measly 140$$. Cheapest I can find a new one for is 269.99.  I'm figuring on reselling this scope to get a millett or something if I can squeeze 200-225 out of an auction. I do appreciate your advice and did take it to heart...I'm just looking for a cheaper scope with the look I want. I'm really not expecting my G22 to be a nail driver at 100yards.

And if I keep this one I'll leave it on the 10 power for shooting 100 yards and only zoom for looking at my groups. 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2008 at 15:57
You will be lucky to be able to identify your target at 10x let alone being able to see holes at the higher powers.  LOL  I would not even open it and put it right back up for auction and hope to make some money on it and buy a decent scope. 

I had a Barksa once a 4-16 and if I put it above 6x to 8x it got so dark and white tinted I could hardly look through it.  I tried to take it hunting once and if I even looked in the general direction that the sunlight was coming from I could not see a thing it was just white out and glare.  As soon as the sun went behind the hill in the evening it was now useless as it could not gather enough light to see my target.  I ended up using it for target practice one day when I ran out of other things to shoot.  That was pretty cool. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2008 at 16:02
Give is some impressions of the scope if you get a chance.

Thanks in advance,
Doug
gixxer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gixxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2008 at 05:44
Will do Doug...I'll run around in my neighborhood looking at things morning and afternoon to see how different light affects the *ahem* quality of the scope. I should be able to make some cash off it by reselling it..(prays over and over). If only I had seen this post before the last bidding day LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic