OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris FFll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Man_66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris FFll
    Posted: December/08/2004 at 11:23

The Burris deal with the spotter is great, but how is the ballistic plex, i am going to be putting it on a .350 Rem. Mag. How will it do on there?  Could i have a regular plex instead of the ballistic plex, but still get the free spotter?? Thanks

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2004 at 13:06

It will do fine on that caliber.  It's kinda like a spare tire, you don't have to have one and you don't have to use it but it is nice to have one in case you want to use it.

Spotter deal is on Ballistic Plex, Matte finish only....sorry.

Grubbs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2004 at 16:39
I can't imagine needing the ballistic plex on the 350 mag....not much of a long range caliber in my opinion.  Not a slam, but it' s really not one of the calibers mentioned when talking about shooting any distance at all...250-300 yds or so.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2004 at 16:42
For 300 yd shooting with a comparatively slow cartridge like 350 mag, Ballistic Plex could already come in pretty useful. 
obi-wan View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obi-wan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2004 at 17:39

Does the deal include on the lrs ballistic plex?  That is what is currently making my decision tough.

kokdyer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kokdyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2004 at 23:19
350 mag is the balistic equivilant of the 35 Whelan.  I think a 3-9x42 would be a great scope for the Remington M673 Guide gun in 350 Remington Magnum.  I want to get one for myself when I get back to the states.  I wish I had one here, it would be perfect for wildboar!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2004 at 17:46

My first deer rifle was a 600 Mohawk and as soon as I saw the new "Mohawk" 673 Guide Gun I knew I would have to get one sooner or later.

It's on my Christmas list.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic