OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Work Boots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work Boots
    Posted: May/09/2008 at 20:12

This is the work boot i have been wearing since 2002, its a 964 red wing, its quite comfortable, but its not built well enough to last me more than one construction season, im in the market again this year to buy a new pair of work boots, i want to go to a 10" boot i rolled an ankle a few weeks ago and i think a 10" may help avoid that. this boot is an 8" boot, i talked to my dad he spends a lot of his summer's fighting wildland fire and so he spends a lot of time on his feet and he recommended white boot company and nicks boot company, i have a pair of danner boots that i purchased in 1997 they were 2nds, 200 gram thinsulate, i wore those boots elk hunting deer hunting and even pheasant hunting, while i will say they arent as comfortable as the red wings i own, they have been able to withstand a lot of years of use, and i have even wore them to work in the fall when its cooler so danner is on my list  so what im asking from you guys is what have you found to be very comfortable?? just remember i need a 10" boot, doesnt need to have insulation or a steel toe, comfort and durablity are the most important quality's im looking for, cost really wont matter im willing to spend $300 on a pair of boots that last.
Lace-To-Toe%20Smoke%20JumperDanner%20Mens%20Super%20Rain%20Forest%2010%20inch%20Work%20Boot%20Style:%2015600

Edited by pyro6999 - May/09/2008 at 20:15
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:16
Over on Snipershide there was a thread about boots; don't remember exactly where. The Danners seemed to be at the top of many list but there were two other brands in the 400 to 500 range that some of the guys really liked over the Danners.
If I paid 500.00 for a pair of boots they better be able to cook because my wife would divorce me.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:20
Whites is the only way to go.  My brother used one pair for 6 years on a fire crew with no problems.  And they are completely rebuildable.  I have had my pair for 3 years working in a lumber yard and they are still going strong.  Buy the whites.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:20
i tell everybody including my wife that when it comes to work wear, you dont scrimp on your feet or your eyes, i wear oakley sunglasses and i wear very comfortable boots, if your feet arent comfortable you arent either.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:23
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

Whites is the only way to go.  My brother used one pair for 6 years on a fire crew with no problems.  And they are completely rebuildable.  I have had my pair for 3 years working in a lumber yard and they are still going strong.  Buy the whites.
my dad has been using his white's for 7 yrs now and he just this year bought another pair, and he told me straight out that a lot of people tell him he is crazy for wearing whites, but he swears by them, problem is that there isnt anyplace close to where i live that sells them, its a minimum 2.5hr drive to get to store that has themSad my dad also said that the nick's boots are very nice too, guys that worked for danner and white's started nicks.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:34
Meindls was the brand, with a contact of http://www.meindlusa.com/
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:37
coming soonSad sites under construction i guess
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 22:37
 I like my IRISH SETTERS  ... by Red Wing . A few steps up from the model above . But my Rattlers ... snake boots are what i wear most of the time ... saved me from one snake bite so far .... I did'nt realize the force of a large snake hitting your calf .... thought someone smacked it . They work !
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 08:22
I got hooked on these in the ARMY and still love them to this day.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 11:38
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

I got hooked on these in the ARMY and still love them to this day.

I used them in the Marines.  I thought they were great boots.  Very comfortable and well made, but I am not sure that they would hold up as well as whites will.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 11:56
i dont know that im willing to spend $400+ on whites or nicks though, thats a lot of money, thats a zeiss conquest
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 12:06
Take a good look at what cyborg suggested then.  I really like those boots as well.  The only thing I can say about paying the money for the whites is that they will last 2 or 3 times as long as most other boots that I have ever used.  Had a pair of danners that made it 2 years.  A pair of Irish Setters that made it 2 as well.  I have had the whites for 3 now and there is not a thing wrong with them.  The ones I used in the USMC were great, but they really got thrashed.  Held up very well for what we did to them.  Take a look at them.  If you take care of them, they should last 3-4 years I would think.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 12:09
i wish there was a store closer by, i have to travel almost all the way to minneapolis to look at themSad, maybe i can get my dad to send me his new pair to look at
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 12:15
what do you have close to you for boot brands?

GEORGE WASHINGTON
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 12:19
danner and red wing georgia irish setter wolverine, mostly cheaper stuff but i still gotta drive almost 100miles to see them. the white dealer is almost 200miles away, you wanna swing by and pick me up in the chopper and take me down there??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 12:24
out of the close by stuff I would recommend the danners.  Irish setters are owned by red wing i think.  If it weren't for the cost of gas these days, I would recommend the drive to try on some whites.  The downside to white is the break-in.  But once they are broken in, they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.  The biggest deal in a boot to me is comfort if I am going to spend all day in it.  Then is durability.  I don't want to buy new boots every 6 months.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 12:32
I wear Red Wings at work and Irish Setters for upland hunting. They are comfortable and wear well. Toes always take a beating in a tool and die plant, but the rest of the boot holds up for a few hard years.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 13:05
you should take up pimping  12,000
Lucchese%20Limited%20Edition%20125th%20Anniversary%20boots

Color: 89, BLACK

TopBottomFrontRightBackLeft

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 13:27
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

out of the close by stuff I would recommend the danners.  Irish setters are owned by red wing i think.  If it weren't for the cost of gas these days, I would recommend the drive to try on some whites.  The downside to white is the break-in.  But once they are broken in, they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.  The biggest deal in a boot to me is comfort if I am going to spend all day in it.  Then is durability.  I don't want to buy new boots every 6 months.

that's exactly the way i feel bro, irish setters i only buy there winter boots, and so far i have had 3 pairs of them in 7yrs, i have a pair of danner's that i have had since i was in high school, tough boots not as comfortable as my red wings are either.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 13:41
I was wondering when someone with computer know-how was going to have some spike high heels on here.....but we got El Paso pimp boots!!!  YEE HAA.    Bucky   They'll last until you break your ankle getting out of the dump truck!!  Laugh  That's a good one , Dale!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic