OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Please give the Forum feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please give the Forum feedback
    Posted: May/07/2008 at 04:50
A lot of advice is given on this forum. Some good, some bad. Most importantly everone is trying to help and/or learn.
It would be nice/helpfull if feedback was given by those using the advice. Did they try advice A or B, what was the outcome, what can others learn from this???
Please note, this is not directed at any-one in particular, just a general comment.
I often see a lot of suggestions being made, but never a word back from the original poster, which leaves a person wondering how it all turned out. 

Edited by 8shots - May/07/2008 at 04:51
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 05:13
Nice Idea 8shots,  some of the best advise I recieved so far was to try kahles scopes, up until this forum, I normaly used nikon or leupold scopes because I assumed they were the best in the $500.00 class.  By the suggestions of other I've I tried kahles and and I can "clearly" see the difference.  Thanks again to this forum.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
9-point View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9-point Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 12:25
thats a good idea, I know I've asked alot of questions and gotten good feedback, I have not been able to actually use or see how it works but rest assured that once I get back in the field and get to it I'll let y'all know how it goes.Thunbs%20Up
Its better to be judged by twelve than carried by six
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 17:43
Yippee      .....................   Bow    ................. there ya go !!    

Edited by mercenary1947 - May/10/2008 at 16:36
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 17:52
We need to start charging for the good advice!! If the advice is good: it's $100!! If it's Bad ( like Big Squeeze or someone gave you some Dumb advice....) HE PAYS YOU $100!!!  Whatever

Yes, and we should keep track of it!!  Bandito  
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 17:53
Tagged....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 18:02
Still working on the advice I have recieved. Just trying to get the time to finish up at the loading bench and get to the range to test for results. I plan on posting my results as soon as I have them.
Good idea 8, helps sort fact from friction.
Hey merc, when did you get the second star?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 19:11
 Yesterday ..... went offline about 4:30 .... cleaned a rifle ... came back about 8:00 and there she was ! No it did'nt take me that long to clean it .... LOL
               SWFAM
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 19:23
 Would they have to put up a sticky or what ? Man I'd have to remember all the guys who helped me before though and for what it was .... 8shots and cheaptrick a bunch of times .... I even downloaded some specs and and tests to show the local guys here . I have to remember to tell Chris my kickback check never came for all those pamplets linking to SWFA I handed out ....
  Baseball%20Bat ....... I know the check's in the mail though ...  Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing

Edited by mercenary1947 - May/07/2008 at 19:23
               SWFAM
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 19:24
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

We need to start charging for the good advice!! If the advice is good: it's $100!! If it's Bad ( like Big Squeeze or someone gave you some Dumb advice....) HE PAYS YOU $100!!!  Whatever

Yes, and we should keep track of it!!  Bandito  

Oh man, get  'em Squeeze!! Big%20Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 19:27
QUOTE=Ed Connelly]We need to start charging for the good advice!! If the advice is good: it's $100!! [/QUOTE]

I'd owe Ted, Doug and a few other members a bunch of $$$. 

Thanks again guys!!!

Excellent

Edited by mike650 - May/07/2008 at 19:54
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 19:30
I know where you are coming from, 8-shots. It is kind of frustrating to type up a long answer, especially for a slow typist like me, and never hear a word in reply. You don't even know if the Original Poster even bothered to read your advice!
  I think that if you ask specific questions, espicially when starting a new topic, it 's a matter of common courtesy to check back daily for at least a week and at least acknowledge the advice given. I hope that I haven't been guilty of failing to do that too often here, and if so I apologise...
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 19:49
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

I know where you are coming from, 8-shots. It is kind of frustrating to type up a long answer, especially for a slow typist like me, and never hear a word in reply. You don't even know if the Original Poster even bothered to read your advice!
  I think that if you ask specific questions, espicially when starting a new topic, it 's a matter of common courtesy to check back daily for at least a week and at least acknowledge the advice given. I hope that I haven't been guilty of failing to do that too often here, and if so I apologise...

I think you've done great! Example: http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9949

I loved Mark's reply when you didn't choose the Glock. Big%20Grin
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 20:08
I think the feedback that I've gotten from guys like Mike, mojo and ghost are great. I really appreciate that.
I haven't received any hate mail, yet. I work on it, though.
Thanks for the positive remarks, Mike.

Edited by tahqua - May/07/2008 at 20:09
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 20:13
I always appreciate the info I get from that foreign dude Skunk, that guy really knows his stuff.  If he would just learn how to type.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 20:23
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

I think you've done great! Example: http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9949

I loved Mark's reply when you didn't choose the Glock. Big%20Grin

That was absolutely classic, wasn't it?  I still laugh out loud every time I think about that kid!

Actually that entire thread is one of very few that I originally posted as a new topic since I've been here, and I am very proud of it, and humbly grateful for all the great advice I received from so many helpful folks!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 20:43
mark is funny i think he has a writter on his payroll also
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 21:14
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

I'd owe Ted, Doug and a few other members a bunch of $$$. 

You can just send me Doug's portion and I'll see that he gets it... trust me!Wink

Thanks for the kind remark, Mike!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic