OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA sunshade help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbsranchr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA sunshade help
    Posted: May/05/2008 at 23:50
I have a BSA Mil dot scope and I need a replacement sun shade. I have looked everywhere on the internet that  I can think of and can't find one. I have even sent BSA several e-mails and still no help. Any ideas guys?
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 18:10
 Hope you have better luck than I did finding a 44mm sunshade for my Monarch .... took a month and there were 3 in the whole world .  Which model is it and the specs please ? I have bucu links for sunshades and will try to help you out . Was about to delete them since I finally got one .

Edited by mercenary1947 - May/07/2008 at 18:12
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
dbsranchr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbsranchr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 23:01

Its a Item # MD832X40. i got it sewcond hand with no sunshade. I'm actually trying to find one to fit my sweet 17 6-18x40. Its an exact fit to my mil dot since they are both 40 mm ends, just not advertized to accept a 40mm sunshade. Leupold sunshades to not work. I sure do appreciate the help.

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 01:52
sorry found neither ....
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
totway1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totway1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 18:11
For my Sweet 22 I looked  all over and found the sunshade for the BSA Contender also fits the Sweet series, I got lucky and found one used for a few bucks and bought it primarily for the shade. FYI- initially I ordered a 40mm shade and it is too small.
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic