OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fake Leupold Scope Rumor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2009 at 10:46
A couple thoughts: That's quite a large number of scopes you have. If I was worried about the reliability of variables, I'd sell off most of those and put the money towards high-end brands. I'd rather own one USO, S&B, Premiere, Hensoldt or Nightforce than any 100 other scopes.

As for a rangefinder, I think the Swaro is great but, man, they've jacked up the price. I got mine last fall for $839 (on sale) and now everyone's charging a grand. Check out the new Zeiss if you don't think the Leicas will cut it.

Regarding the Chinese and knock-off Mark 4s, etc. I don't think Leupold would have been involved. While I don't think of the Chinese as being quite as bad as some comments have made them to be the way that country is set up to do business leaves lots of room for the unscrupulous. I also believe that it's not so much cheap labor as it is the purposely low exchange rate the Chinese government has placed on their currency that is the source of many problems. I just try to avoid buying anything made there (which is hard to do!) and would never knowingly purchase anything counterfeit or a blatant knockoff. This is not to judge the original poster, because I know you had other reasons to try those scopes out.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2009 at 12:35
I received a briefing on Chinese military and commercial philosophy a couple of years ago by one of the premier foreign intel analysts in the country.  His commentary was that regardless of how we approach them, the Chinese are coming after us in every way possible.  Military and commercial.  They stated openly "YOU (the United States) WILL deal with US".  He said simply "I believe them".  Look at the world today, they own more of our debt than we do or than anyone else does.  What do you think would happen if they called it all in?  We could refuse to pay (as EVERY country since the Spanish-American war has refused to pay their debt to us), but what do you think that would do to our "standing" in the world???  Want to see a REALLY bad economy??  Think about being unable to trade with anyone but Mexico.  I TRY, very hard, to buy American, but our own companies and politicians have sold us out.  Go to the Buy American site online... there are a couple of hundred, not very useful mostly, products there.  However, the Chinese are not only "stealing" technology from us (take the case of Bill Clinton and missile technology) sometimes we GIVE it away (intentionally through greed or stupidly) and sometimes they steal from the Russians, the French, the British.  They'll take whatever anyone is unwilling to protect or can't protect well enough.  Largest most active intel network in the history of mankind.  Scopes, just another piece in the puzzle that when completed will not make a pretty picture for us.  They want what you have, but they don't mind whatever way they get it... they are patient.  Once they get to the point where they have true power to TAKE, we may be too late to stop them.  Our current president is selling us down the road of slavery as fast as he can.  What have YOU done to stop them today??????
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic