OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Alabama Bullet Bill (here we go again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alabama Bullet Bill (here we go again)
    Posted: May/01/2008 at 20:21
Alabamians are under assault

Alabamians' rights are under assault. Judiciary Committee Chairman
Senator Roger Smitherman (D-Jefferson) sponsored SB 541, and is hell bent on pushing it through the Judiciary committee.
 That bill would make it a law that every round of ammunition sold in Alabama must have a serial number laser etched upon it.
 It is very similar to the bill that is working its way through the California state congress as we speak. 
 I got an alert sent to me yesterday about this bill, and as such, I e-mailed or faxed every member on the Alabama Senate 
judiciary committee to voice my opposition to SB 541, and urge them to not allow it to come to the floor of the senate.
 Senator Trip Pittman (R-Baldwin) was the only Senator to reply to me.
 Today, he replied to me again, and his words were chilling to say the least. I reprint them here in their entirety: 

David,
The chairman of the Judiciary Committee Senator Roger Smitherman is serious about this bill.
I was the only person in committee to express strong concerns against it at today's committee meeting.
The Committee) vote is next week. You need to let everyone in
Alabama and at the national level know about this bill and encourage them to contact their Senator.
Trip Pittman

The ammo manufacturers have already stated that this will effectively put them out
of business because the cost of compliance will be astronomical.
The database alone to store all of that information in a searchable form is mind-boggling,
and would cost a fortune in upkeep alone.
That is not to mention the cost of setting up the entire infrastructure it will require being in compliance.
 The engineering alone would cost millions.
Ask yourself this question, 'If these Senators know this,
why would they do this?
Most people will answer 'They are trying to make us safer, 
and make it easier to solve crimes.
' People answer this way because most people believe in the inherent goodness of people,
and have a hard time believing, or even seeing,
the darker side of any situation.
If you answered that way, you'd be wrong.
Now I am not going to pretend that I know their 'true' motives,
or that they are trying to marshal in some kind of totalitarian government. 
But I do know that the people who are pushing 

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 20:48
Hard to read in that format
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 21:26

Better for reading the above post(well for me anyhow)

Alabamians are under assault

Alabamians' rights are under assault. Judiciary Committee Chairman
Senator Roger Smitherman (D-Jefferson) sponsored SB 541, and is hell bent on pushing it through the Judiciary committee.
 That bill would make it a law that every round of ammunition sold in Alabama must have a serial number laser etched upon it.
 It is very similar to the bill that is working its way through the California state congress as we speak. 
 I got an alert sent to me yesterday about this bill, and as such, I e-mailed or faxed every member on the Alabama Senate 
judiciary committee to voice my opposition to SB 541, and urge them to not allow it to come to the floor of the senate.
 Senator Trip Pittman (R-Baldwin) was the only Senator to reply to me.
 Today, he replied to me again, and his words were chilling to say the least. I reprint them here in their entirety: 

David,
The chairman of the Judiciary Committee Senator Roger Smitherman is serious about this bill.
I was the only person in committee to express strong concerns against it at today's committee meeting.
The Committee) vote is next week. You need to let everyone in
Alabama and at the national level know about this bill and encourage them to contact their Senator.
Trip Pittman

The ammo manufacturers have already stated that this will effectively put them out
of business because the cost of compliance will be astronomical.

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 21:26
 Ya need to edit the post rewrite the article with " word wrap " and repost it there .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 00:06
Thanks guys, That was driving me nuts too.  OK, it was more like a short putt but y'all know what I mean. 

P.S. I learned something this day,  thats always good!!!     Thunbs%20Up
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 00:12
BY THE WAY, Happy Birthday JOE, may I be the first to post the kudos of hitting the BIG 40.
I ran 2 marathons that year, just to prove I still could.  I guess mid-life hit me early!!!!  LOL

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 06:02
Thanks steelbenz!!!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 06:17
These bastards just won't quit!!!!!!!Mad
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 06:22
Wait until they start to ban lead in bullets, it's on the books and has been passed in parts of CA, other states are looking at it.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 06:23
 MOTHER-FCencored!!!!
 Furious
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic