OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

YES the VX-7 IS all that

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 12:52
I'd say unless the glass is significantly better than the Mk 4 which it very well might be.  I wouldn't buy one.  I spent some time with a couple of the MK4s last weekend and they were just horrible in my eyes.  I could not believe how bad the glass was compared to my IOR.  The first one I looked through, I pulled my eye away to see if something was in front of the scope blocking half of it.  Then I started turning focus and it just never got better.  It was dark and cloudy and blurry to my eyes.  I would never pay that kind of money for a scope that looks like a MK4.  And the 3 I looked through were all like that, just sub par scope for a huge chunk of change.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 13:18
 One can expect much more for mega dollars but don't always count on it ..... history of scopes can tell you that .  Plus i did'nt see anyone laughing at the new popups ??? Was just curious ... If they'll hardly ever be needed by you .... why the bucu extra bucks for them ? I never down anyone for spending any amount on anything they want ... i have no right to .... glad you're happy .... good luck with it .  
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
timber View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2008 at 18:04
I compared a new 3.5-14x50 VX-7 to a couple of VX-111's I own and it was brighter.  I also liked the XT Duplex although the 'thin section' was a little wider than I'd have preferred.  I wonder if it would disappear in dark conditions.  As for weight, it's pretty stout at 22.5 ounces but it feels very sturdy and quality.

The pop-up cap feature was okay for elevation and windage but it's use for the focusing knob is a 'miss'.  When it's unscrewed in the adjustment position it has allot of play and feels wobbily.  All in all I preferred the lower profile of the traditional screw caps on my VX-111's.

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2008 at 08:52
 Yea and I'll bet they don't get tighter with useage   Thumbs%20Down    ... that's why I asked earlier .... novel idea ... but just another flashy addon that sounds like it may get problematic after awhile .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2008 at 16:00
Originally posted by mercenary1947 mercenary1947 wrote:

Yea and I'll bet they don't get tighter with useage   Thumbs%20Down    ... that's why I asked earlier .... novel idea ... but just another flashy addon that sounds like it may get problematic after awhile .
i havent noticed this, if i do, i will report
timber View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2008 at 19:02
Hello Sako75.  I didn't notice any 'play' at all with the windage or elevation knobs.  It was only on the side focus knob in the popped up, adjustment position that the wobbily feel was present.  I called Leupold and was told this was normal. 

Since your 2.5-10 (and the 1.5-6) has no side focus this doesn't affect your scope.  I really like these two lower powered models and if it wasn't for the side focus knob would have seriously considered the 3.5-14x50.  JMHO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic