OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA is always out of stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osuarchitect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA is always out of stock
    Posted: April/29/2008 at 21:12
I used to love doing my online scope shopping with SWFA, but lately everything I attempt to buy from them is out of stock.  I do not understand why they can't keep their website up to date?  The excuse I always get is

"We maintain a multi-million dollar inventory and take great pride in our order fill rate. However, other factors beyond our control sometimes play a role in delivery. We are working diligently to ship your order at the earliest possible date.

Thank you for choosing SWFA"

The fact of the matter is that other much bigger and smaller companies have current stock shown for all items.  Maintaining a large amount of items is not an excuse, at least to me.  If an item is currently out of stock why do they continually waste my time?  This is the third time in a row that I have tried to purchase at least 3 different items, that after I have made the purchase, I have been informed that an item I wanted to buy is out of stock.  If there can not be a reasonable solution to keeping their website up to date I will be forced to shop elsewhere.  competitor, Cabelas and Brownell's just to name a few are very good about keeping information up to date.  Those companies probably all sell way more merchandise than SWFA, yet somehow I know when I am buying something that is out of stock and with at least two of those retailors I know exactly when they are getting more in.  I realize the combined scope purchases I have made and attempted to make here probably do not amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but I do not think I am alone in the frustration of attempting to buy an item that is unknowingly out of stock.  Please do not excuse this post as simply a rant, this is a plea.  Please SWFA update your website, get newer software, whatever it takes. 
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2008 at 21:26

Just pointing out that competitor isnt up to date on there stock, far from it, i ordered ammo on jan 14th 08 out of stock and still waiting and that's just one example.

I'm sure SWFA does everything in it's control to forefill orders in a timely manner .
I'm classic shag nasty type.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2008 at 21:26
I would suggest calling them before placing the order.  That would solve all of your problems.  Or now that you are a forum member PM Chris Farris, Chris Farris 2, Stephanie, or Brady when you want to check the stock of an item and they will most likely get back to you in a very short time.  Anytime I pm one of them I usually hear from them in 30 min or less.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2008 at 21:28
Cabelas is the competitor , it didn't post for some reason?
I'm classic shag nasty type.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2008 at 21:37
its a filtered word m-i-d-w-a-y- will show up  as competitor

Edited by pyro6999 - April/29/2008 at 21:37
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 07:52
Man I hate to do this, but, this isn't where you air a complaint. Please read rule # 6

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 09:47
 Whoa .... what a low blow ........... I made a mistake not calling a dealer once .... my fault ... took forever to get my money back ... SWFA returns immediatly ! Do some of these guys realize the volume of sales on the internet ? They could have 200 - 2,000 of the item one day and GONE the next !    Loco
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 17:25
"I Believe" that in some people the mouth works faster than the mind.  From time to time we all have disappointments, but ranting and complaining never changes the fact, it just makes you look spoiled and childish.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 17:38
WHO CARES how bloody FAST you get something in the mail!!!????  You order it....go back about your business....and sooner or later, it's THERE!!!   what is the freaking PROBLEM!!???  

If you want it TODAY go down to Ace Hardware and buy the damn thing!!!!

Bandito    Gracias, pendejo!!
osuarchitect View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osuarchitect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 19:32
I do realize the volume of sales that take place on the internet everyday.  In the future I guess I will have to call my order in.  My point is that if you are going to take the time to set up a website as nice as SWFA's you could easily incorporate software that will acurately show the number of items in stock and even tell the guy in the warehouse what and when to order.  Other lesser competitors of SWFA have it on their sites, right?  Why even have a website if I have to call in and check and see if you have it in stock, sorry that is not logical to me, aside from the fact that it takes all of the convenience out of shopping for items online. 
lucytuma-My intent was not to rant and complain.  My intent was to have a positive impact on the way that SWFA does business, if they truly care about their customers, which I personally do believe that they do.   I can assure you that I am not stupid, spoiled or childish as your post indicated.  I am a business man, I work long hours, take work home, have a family, help support youth organizations, etc. and as such I don't get much free time to enjoy my hobbies.  For me shopping online for new items to help support my hobbies is the most convenient way for me to interact with companies.  I hate giving out my credit card information over the internet, but I hate it even worse to give my information out over the phone.  Besides that ranting and complaining is how a lot of things get done, heck, its the only way my wife can get me to take out the garbage! ;)

Ed-Sorry, my Ace Hardware doesn't carry Zoom Dots.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal if SWFA could have at least given me an estimated ship time, but they flat out told they had no idea of when they would be getting more in stock.  If someone is going to take my hard earned money I want to know its doing something.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 21:23
if you are a "business man" you should know that from time to time distributors of products have strange fluxuations of there products and from time to time run out of stock unexepectedly and it can take time to get more of the products to fill your order, and so if the distributor doesnt give you an eta than you cannot give your customer one and be telling the truth either, think about it a little.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2008 at 22:18
Well, I wasn't going to jump in on this but ya'll know me!!!   As I write this I'm watching our production line. Every three minutes I see something that has a 2 year waiting list overseas.   
   Well maybe not, that, like ALWAYS OUT OF STOCK!!! it is such a generalized statement.
Some places in  Europe is a 2 year wait others you just order it just like here.  Optics are the same way folks.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 04:47
tagged....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
osuarchitect View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osuarchitect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 07:43
Wow, this really isn't worth it.  I'll just go buy my stuff somewhere else.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 08:02
Well,
walking in and throwing a generalized statement out there thats badmouthing good peoples reputations, what did you expect, Cheering'!! When I ordered my super sniper I was told the service guys got priority and that it might be a bit of a wait. I didn't get mad, I applauded.   You joined the OT a little over a year ago and have post 6 times since, I joined almost a year earlier than you. In that time I have spent sometime getting to know a couple of things about SWFA and Chris.  If half the people in business tried half as hard as SWFA to service their customers there would be twice as many businesses open today as last year.  Sorry you didn't get instant gratification but life ain't fair get over it.       
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 08:14
I'll just say if ALL YOU want to do is GRIPE, and again BLATANTLY IGNORE the rules about posting then good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Be miserable somewhere else man. Oh yeah!!!! Don't be surprised when you find out they are out too, and you have put your stinking foot in your mouth. 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2008 at 16:46
Originally posted by osuarchitect osuarchitect wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way, Sir, but I don't understand what you hoped to gain by starting this post in the first place.
I consider it in poor taste on your part to use this forum to voice your complaints about SWFA or the way they conduct business.

Godspeed to you, Sir.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 17:44
Originally posted by osuarchitect osuarchitect wrote:

Cussing Cencored 

Edited by yellowdog - May/02/2008 at 19:06
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 18:24

Thanks for having our back guys, agreed that it should have bee e-mailed to us...but no big deal, message received.

Our current software does not have the ability to show live inventory, we are working on fixing that but it is way more involved that what you might think.  We are not a large company like our image portrays and we do not have the disposable income that the companies we are compared to have.

Previously we did not offer all of the products from the manufacturers that we represented, IE:  we did not offer BSA telescopes or ElCAN thermal sights.  We would pick what we knew were the good sellers and only offer those products via our catalog and magazine ads.  When the Internet came we carried on that business model until we started getting more and more request for products from manufacturers that we represented but did not stock.  We would special order them for these customers routinely until it became so common that we decided to put every product from every manufacturer on our web site.  We started stocking more and more of the non-standard items as we got a feel for it and as our computer started building a sales history.  We are limited by space and money so we can not stock huge quantities of everything unfortunately.

We just bought 12 acres off HWY 287 to build a larger facility and we are working on new software solutions.  These things just take time.

Bottom line is we are experiencing growing pains.  I apologize to anyone that has had a less than expected experience with our company but please let us try to make things right.  We do hear you and we are progressing.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 18:49
I live not far from SWFA.   A couple weeks ago, I bought a pair of binoculars from them and while I was there, Chris showed me around the facility.  I probably took up more than an hour of his time, but he couldn't have been any nicer!  Despite the relatively small amount of space, I thought they had an impressive inventory of optics on hand!  Considering that the entire Sample List inventory occupied only 1 row of shelving, there was quite a large quantity of product in stock! 

I've done business with SWFA long enough to know that they are good people and they will do their best to make a customer happy.  However, it isn't possible or even reasonable for a business of any size to have everything in stock all the time, unless they are unwisely carrying excess inventory (which is actually worse from a business standpoint than not enough inventory), or they have a very rapid response supply chain.  I buy stuff from Cabelas (not optics though) all the time and I've had to wait on many backordered items.  In my job, I buy stuff from dozens of very large suppliers, and I frequently have to wait on product that isn't in stock.  It's just part of doing business, and until someone invents a working crystal ball that will tell them in advance who wants to buy what and when, it will always be the reality of businesses who depend on suppliers for product.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic