OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope For The Boys New Rig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope For The Boys New Rig
    Posted: April/22/2008 at 17:13
  My boy want's a scope for his new Davy Crickett .22. He thinks he wants the S&B Police Marksman II with mil-dot GenII reticle. What do you all think? Yippee

Edited by yellowdog - April/24/2008 at 05:49
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 17:22
I think a fine rifle like that deserves at least a scope of that quality.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 07:03
Would be embarrassed with anything less.
God save the Empire!
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 05:50
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Would be embarrassed with anything less.
  Yea...thats what he must be think'in
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 06:26
............hey, yellowdog,........if yer boy ain't embarassed to be seen with yer face out there on the sidewalk, I guess, he'd be happy with anything!! He must be one tough kid!!  Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 07:04
I think you're being a bit harsh there Ed, he's one distinguished looking gentleman.
God save the Empire!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:17
I'd highly recommend a US Optics SN-3 with a MOA reticle and a EREK knob. Smoking 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:19
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

............hey, yellowdog,........if yer boy ain't embarassed to be seen with yer face out there on the sidewalk, I guess, he'd be happy with anything!! He must be one tough kid!!  Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
   You just can't help yourself can ya?
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:24
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I'd highly recommend a US Optics SN-3 with a MOA reticle and a EREK knob. Smoking 
   I like your style, but I'll have to run it by the "little boss" first. Big%20Grin 
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:30
  Believe it or not, I'm impressed with this little rig! It's very accurate. I would post a picture of my group if I could. I think I might want one of these for myself, just don't know if they will let me join the Davey Crickett Club at my age.  Bow

Edited by yellowdog - April/26/2008 at 15:24
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 17:31

To get serious for a moment.  How would he feel about learning to use the peep sight first and then graduate to a scope.  If this is his first rifle can learn good skills while using iron sights.

p.s. what model did he get?

God save the Empire!
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 22:58
  Yep, that was part of the deal when I bought it for him. I told him that he had to learn to shoot with iron sights first. He suprised me when he said that he wanted to shoot that way for awhile anyway. He's done very well. I've only resently started thinking about a good rimfire scope for it. It will be a Birthday gift for him next month. He picked out the camo syn./ blued sporter model.  Still can't get over how well it shoots, I'm impressed with the overall quality of it for what it is. 

Edited by yellowdog - April/26/2008 at 23:03
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2008 at 13:16
Pretty neat looking little rifle.. Probably lot of good scopes for 22 out there.  Nice to be able to get a compact one so doesn't overpower the look of the rifle.  Are you thinking of a fixed or variable?
God save the Empire!
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2008 at 02:49
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Pretty neat looking little rifle.. Probably lot of good scopes for 22 out there.  Nice to be able to get a compact one so doesn't overpower the look of the rifle.  Are you thinking of a fixed or variable?
   Just a little fixed power, never bought one for a rimfire, so I've got a little home work to do.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2008 at 10:29
Just a thought - I just put a Tasco World Class 3-9x40 on my 22.  A little too big but the price was right and now I really like it.  Parallax not optimum but hasn't given me any issues and nice clear scope compared to some smaller fixed 4's that I was looking at.  This could be a bit too big now but could graduate to a bigger rifle as he grows into it.
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic