OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IMR 4007-300 WSM report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:43
Try a box of 150 gr. Green Box and see what she does out of that rifle.  Brownings are accurate enough that they don't need that dumb BOSS on it.  I'll come up to Minnesota with my hack saw and turn that thing into a "Squeezer Special".  You can pay for your own re crown job.

mojo
MOJO
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:47
no thanks, that rifle isnt getting anything touched on it other than maybe a scope update, my dad is borrowing it so its in wyoming, she shoots a very small 5 shot group with 180gr sierra ph pushed by a stiff load of imr 4831, in fact this picture right here was some handy work from that rifle
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 21:58
Pretty nice pix.  We have plowed that ground on the scope before.  Now go get one of those Kahles off the Sample list.  Chris stole that KX right out from under your very eyes!Rifledude will provide the guidance for you.  Good night!  
MOJO
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 22:02
we will see, if i get the rifle back i will change it to something else till then the old man likes the old school varixII-c silver 3x9 thats been on it since i bought that rifle in 1998
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 21:08
Chris will take a trade in for a 4200 and dad will be a lot better off for it.  Good for a father's day gift.  That Vari XII is so far down the optics scale that I can't see it.

mojo
MOJO
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2008 at 21:49
i know but he doesnt understand that, course he hasnt looked through my 4200 yet either
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 07:04
Whose rifle is it pyro?  You just don't ask, you just do it! 

mojo
MOJO
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 10:42
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Try a box of 150 gr. Green Box and see what she does out of that rifle.  Brownings are accurate enough that they don't need that dumb BOSS on it.  I'll come up to Minnesota with my hack saw and turn that thing into a "Squeezer Special".  You can pay for your own re crown job.

mojo
....................The "Squeezer Special?"....................A shorter barrel???......YEP! That, would definetly be a "Squeezer Special"...........A shorter, lighter, more manuverable, easier to carry, quicker to target with outstanding ballistic performance in the right cartridge!.......Ya mean, one of them???......SSSSSH!.........Hey! I want to be the only one, or be part of the vast minority in this entire forum, that owns a 16.5" tube bolt action, let alone in a 300 WSM!...................SSSSSSSSH!.....................Big%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20Grin..........Belt%20Fed    
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 12:22
Everybody in the OT will now know what a "Squeezer Special" is.  It's been tagged. 

Now you just need to remember that white horses and palomino horses are not the same.  Palomino's were origninally bred in the southwestern United States by illegal aliens

Mojo
MOJO
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 12:37
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Everybody in the OT will now know what a "Squeezer Special" is.  It's been tagged. 

Now you just need to remember that white horses and palomino horses are not the same.  Palomino's were origninally bred in the southwestern United States by illegal aliens

Mojo
............GOOD! I like to be set apart from the crowd!!!....The new definition of a "Squeezer Special" per Mojo and now "officially tagged",,,,is,,,,,ANY barrel 20" or shorter!!.......Let`s not leave out my .375 Ruger with its 20" er!!.....................Ya mean that Mr. Ed is an illegal horse??????.............................Laugh
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 13:42
Not only that......but an old broken down one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And you know what happens to old,  broken down,  horses.....................................or banditos
MOJO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic