OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

TMR or MIL-DOT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMR or MIL-DOT
    Posted: April/19/2008 at 14:24
howdy fellas! I am gettin a mark 4 6.5x20-50 lr/t for my new remmy 700 vls. i was just wonderin wether to go with the mil-dot or the tmr reticle. tried to find a pic of actually looking through the scope to get a good look at the tmr but couldn't find one. I'm gunna be doin everything from punchin paper to yote huntin with it. i was just wonderin which reticle the experts would go with. I hear alot abut the mil-dot, but the mil-hash with half mil hashes seems more practicle and more acurate.  any advice would be helpfull.

thanks>
"keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 17:25
get the tmr all the way-- 

Edited by Dale Clifford - April/19/2008 at 17:26
scarface_usmc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 17:40
thanks Mr. Clifford!! Hell of a nice lookin rig there. i see you have the illuminated. would you perfer that, well should i sa is it worth the extra money. i mean i will be using it alot in lowlight, but is it really worth the extra bones.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 17:44
I believe it to be worth the money, at this level of scope why not. some ill. reticules will wash the image, in other words there is so much red in the sight picture it is distracting the tmr works very well. I use it on low on over cast days , and in the rain.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 17:50
thanks for the quit reply. i believe i might try the illum.. you might find me stupid for asking this but i've never delt with illum. scopes. the reticle is still there with the illum off right, in other words you dont have to have the illum on to shoot? stupid question but i've never even hald one before?

thanks>
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 18:00
Yes, an illuminated reticle will look just like a conventional reticle when switched off.

Cool avatar!! Thunbs%20Up 
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 18:04
I was pretty sure it did. felt like a dumb @$$ askin, but hey what can it hurt.

thanks! i dig it>

snowflake77 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 22:47
Never had a tmr but had a milldot in the zeiss 6.5-20 and would have liked it instead with the zplex.  I would go with the tmr. Just picked up a swaro tds and really like it. 
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 00:02
i hear great things bout the swaros, just can't see 'em bein worth the moneyShocked
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic