OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Conquest tracking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conquest tracking
    Posted: April/18/2008 at 13:43
I was considering putting Kenton Target knobs on my Zeiss Conquest, and was wondering if anyone had done this, or knows if the conquests tracking is very good like nightforce is supposed to be? I wanted to check mine out with a box test or something, but just took my gun in to the shop. Got to try to accurize it more. You guys are giving me a case of ocd, I think. Any way if anyone has "boxed" a Conquest, I would like to hear the results. Thanks guys.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2008 at 16:37
Mine tracked OK, but it spent duty on a hunting rig and wasn't dialed a lot.
Never "boxed" it though. Sorry.
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 10:23
I would also like to know how the target turrets are reset. I was considering putting these in mine, but want to know if they pull up to reset like my hunting turrets do? Or do they have like a set screw system?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 16:18
My non target turrets were pop ups, which means they are pulled up to reset to zero, but the target turrets have a screw of some sort.
I have seen them, but I can't recall.  

I'd call Zeiss or SWFA for that info, Brother.
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 17:45
Thanks CT, I've never seen them, but assume they have a screw. Some Kenton low proflile knobs just like my hunting style that pop up to reset would be awesome. I gotta get busy at work machining someWink

PappaBear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PappaBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 03:15
Love my Kentons on my Conquest, work like a charm.  "boxed" I do not know what tht is?  Yes, the targets have a screw, then they pop up to reset to zero.  You can feel the oring when you pull them up.  Then your Kentons will do the same thing to zero.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 06:59
Trigger, you can box test your scope without shooting the rifle. Secure your scope (either on the rifle or some other convenient method as in a clamp or vice padded with cloth of course. Or in the rings and clamp the rings.
Then set your target up at 100yds. Preferably a target with 1 inch squares marked out. Then dial about to hearts content. Or do say 36 clicks down *should move 12 inches down),36 clicks right, 36 clicks up and 36 clicks left. This should put you back on zero.
pappaBear, that is the box test we talk about. Mostly you dial and then shoot, dial and shoot, round and round. On a scope that tracks well, the bullet holes should give you the perfect square box, bringing you back to zero. Shooting it brings the effect of recoil to also bear on the scopes reliability. However, just dialing it and observing the travelling inch by inch per 4 clicks will also tell you something.
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 16:52
I assume then, Pappabear that you must loosen the screw to reset the turrets, unlike my hunting style turrets. I would really like the turrets to reset like my hunting turrets. I may end up marking my hunting turrets like the kenton knobs. Might take a long time, and a mill, but would be handy when done.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic