OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Buckmaster BDC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buckmaster BDC
    Posted: April/17/2008 at 19:18
anybody use the BDC scopes from Nikon?

I am wondering if I should zero my .270 Win using the "magnum" or "std" BDC concept.

I think since the .270 is flat shooting I should zero at 200 yds which is the "magnum" zero distance.  That means that the first holdover circle should be approx 300 yards.

Comments?
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2008 at 19:26
Originally posted by army_eod army_eod wrote:

anybody use the BDC scopes from Nikon?

I am wondering if I should zero my .270 Win using the "magnum" or "std" BDC concept.

I think since the .270 is flat shooting I should zero at 200 yds which is the "magnum" zero distance.  That means that the first holdover circle should be approx 300 yards.

Comments?

Army,
if you have a place to shoot 300 yards sight in at 100 and the use the first circle on the 200 yard and see where it puts you.write it down.then site in at 200 and see where the circle puts you at 300.

I'm think that a 100yard sight t in would do the trick. the BDC is a referance point and will need to be found out what the exact POI is with your set up and the different ranges.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2008 at 22:21
I can't speak for the .270 win. but I sighted a .270wsm in at 200 and at 400yds the second circle hits pretty high. I may get out and shoot it more this week. Just got it set up and haven't spent much time with it yet. I do think that whichever you choose, you may end up using the top of a circle or bottom of a circle for the longer ranges. Another thing to consider is how long your longest shots are usually taken.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic