OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sighting in a scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2008 at 11:49
Thanks for all the help.

I'm took your advise on the bore sight and made my own.
I removed the upper, took a laser pen stuck it in the bolt chamber turned it on and instant laser bore sight. Put the upper in my vise got everything good and snug and put the dot on the paper at 50 yrds. At least I know I.m on paper now. Even if I would have left it along I would still have hit paper just high.

Again thanks for all the help. Yippee
bagger View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2008 at 18:49
Range Report
Took the afternoon off to go to the range.
It worked,  I was on paper at 100 yards then started hitting center after some adjustment. Next 200 yards.

Thanks
Steve
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2008 at 13:53
 HAH ..... cool that worked .... laserlytes are low priced though and work on all calibers .... even rimfires to 45 's .  I carry one in my shirt pocket at the range ..... I'd like to know where some of these guys get the money for all these scopes they want bore sighted .... my wife would and has threatened to throw my belongings in the road and format my computer so I can't keep looking at new addons for my firearms if I keepm buying them .... Mean%20Computer    I don't know why she wants useless household items and nights out instead .... LOL
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
bagger View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2008 at 18:25
You're right there. My wife would kill me if she got in the safe. She keeps asking me why I have so much ammo stacked on the floor. I told her it's cheaper to reload and I'm getting ready for when the goverment put a ban on toys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic