OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A new 375 Ruger in a CZ!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new 375 Ruger in a CZ!!
    Posted: April/11/2008 at 18:52
Yep!...........On the front of my new Hodgdon 2008 Reloading Annual Manual magazine, I see a pic of a real nice CZ chambered in???? Yep! The 375 Ruger! A Burris LRS 1.75x5 is sitting on it!................Let`s see now! We have Rugers of course, then Howa with the M1500`s and now we see the CZ`s!.......Next!..............It won`t be long guys! But I`ll bet we`ll see a Remy, maybe a Weatherby, later on a Winchester M70 and many others chambering the .375 Ruger!............Here it comes!  Big%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20GrinBig%20Grin ......Be on the lookout! Looker  
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 19:29
i doubt weatherby will follow suit especially in the mark v's
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 19:58
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i doubt weatherby will follow suit especially in the mark v's
...................I disagree!....In the Vanguards too?? We shall see!......There is a market for people who wish to spend less for a DGR! All of Weatherby`s DGR`s are $2500 to $3000 and more!..............At say a $1,000 price point with a Vanguard chambered in the 375 Ruger, they could without any doubt, sell and market more rifles without necessarily taking away from their Mark 5 DGR`s............Weatherby IMO, can compete with Ruger, Howa, now CZ and others who are now and will be chambering the 375 Ruger and offering a DGR at a much better price.............The bottom line is revenue and not if whether or not a DGR chambered in a Vanguard will take away from any Mark 5 business in rifles or ammo......The Vanguards have been chambered in cartridges OTHER than the Weatherby rounds for years and years! Why? To sell and market more rifles in cartridges that people want.......For those who like Weatherby rifles, but don`t want the Weatherby cartridge, hence a bigger price tag, chambering the 375 Ruger in a Vanguard would be ideal for Weatherby and makes sense.........I`ll bet that we will see it!    
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:00
why would weatherby cut there own throat? they make there own calibers in the .375 neighborhood already i see no reason to believe this will happen
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:02
                                      Lights%20Out            getting in my Hot Air Balloon-shooting pratice. I'll be on the lookout for You-Know-Who when he floats over town screaming down to us all about 375 Rugers! Devil
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:19

why would weatherby cut there own throat? they make there own calibers in the .375 neighborhood already i see no reason to believe this will happen
..........................They won`t be cutting their own throats! Think carefully about this!..............Instead, they will be putting more saleable rifles into the market place to compete better in the DGR arena!............Alot more 375 H&H DGR`s rifles have been sold, are being sold and I`ll bet more 375 Rugers are being sold than the 375 or 378 Wbys in their very expensive DGR`s. There will always be those who will buy and pay for the expensive DGR`s in the Weatherbys. They have their following...... But, by offering a new and more economical chambering in a 375 Ruger Vanguard, it opens up a new market which will increase Weatherby`s revenue far better than just relying upon what they have now....In other words, their gain on one end will more than offset any potential loss on the other!...........
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:24
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Lights%20Out            getting in my Hot Air Balloon-shooting pratice. I'll be on the lookout for You-Know-Who when he floats over town screaming down to us all about 375 Rugers! Devil
...................Mean%20Computer,,,,,,,,,,Short%20Bus...........How about a bus instead!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:25
if your skrimping on your rifle to take a dream hunt to africa you shouldnt be going to africa! that would be like buying a $2500 rifle and putting a barska scope on it to go after elephant

Edited by pyro6999 - April/11/2008 at 20:27
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:32

if your skrimping on your rifle to take a dream hunt to africa you shouldnt be going to africa!
........................Who`s skimping where? Not me! Why should I spend 3K or more on a Wby. 375 DGR, when a Howa in a 375 Ruger will do the same damn thing?...........If I save money, that doesn`t mean I`m skimping! It means that I have more bucks to put in other areas!...............Nice try!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:35

im affraid your missing the point, why would weatherby sell a gun and cut there profit? when they can sell there own chamberings for a lot more and only have to sell half as many rifles?? if im going to africa i aint taking a vanguard, im taking a mark v dgr no doubt in my mind that anybody else who buys a weatherby for an african hunt wouldnt do the same.

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 20:55

im affraid your missing the point, why would weatherby sell a gun and cut there profit? when they can sell there own chamberings for a lot more and only have to sell half as many rifles?? if im going to africa i aint taking a vanguard, im taking a mark v dgr no doubt in my mind that anybody else who buys a weatherby for an african hunt wouldnt do the same.

.....................Ever heard of more sales volume?? They`ll move many more rifles at the lower price, to a much larger market, which I believe will increase their OVERALL revenue as opposed to just the market and revenue they have for their 3K+ DGR`s..............C`mon Pyro! How in the world would a Mk 5 be any better than a reliable Vanguard in Africa? Are you also saying that the lesser expensive rifles such as the 375 Ruger African Hawkeye, the Alaskan, the 375 Ruger M1500, the 375 Ruger CZ`s, plus all of the others chambered in the 375 H&H such as the Brownings, Remingtons, CZ`s, etc. are not good enough for Africa?.........Are you saying that the only Weatherby to take to Africa is their 3K+ DGR? Weatherby in your opinion cannot build a reliable DGR in the Vanguard line????................................Are you smokin something???   
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 21:00
im not saying they can build anything, im saying they wont. for one thing the dont build an vanguards bigger than the .338 win, 2nd they are already making the mkV dgr in .375 H&H .375 and .378wby plus all the .416 and .458 and .460 stuff. ruger can get away with it because its there own creation and they dont have anything like the .378wby in there lineup and they dont have a hunting rifle thats $3000 either.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 21:09

im not saying they can build anything, im saying they wont. for one thing the dont build an vanguards bigger than the .338 win, 2nd they are already making the mkV dgr in .375 H&H .375 and .378wby plus all the .416 and .458 and .460 stuff. ruger can get away with it because its there own creation and they dont have anything like the .378wby in there lineup and they dont have a hunting rifle thats $3000 either.
.......................OK!... I`ll bet they will!.... YES! They do have the Mk 5 DGR`s in the 375`s the 378`s and the others, and they will still sell....But, by offering a DGR in a lesser expensive Vanguard, they will attract even more buyers IMO to the Weatherby rifles without necessarily taking away from their already established Mk5 DGR line!.............We will just have to disagree on this one!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 21:11
i understand what you are saying, and in theory its a valid point, but from a business standpoint i just dont see them doing that.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 21:30

i understand what you are saying, and in theory its a valid point, but from a business standpoint i just dont see them doing that.
.......I do!......But, you do it very slowly as to not overwhelm any existing DGR business!.......You do a limited production run of DGR Vanguards to test the market, put these rifles in the hands of gun writers and then see where it goes or what the reactions will be!.............While the 375 H&H has enjoyed 95 years of excellent popularity and deservedly so, there`s a new ballgame in town, that if given enough time, I believe will exceed the H&H`s popularity with new 375 buyers. I see more people converting to the 375 Ruger rather than going to the H&H from the Ruger round!............That will take many years, but I will go out on a far limb and say that it will happen one day! With the strong evidence out there so far, I`m not to far off the mark! 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2008 at 08:17
I have to agree with pyro6999 on this one, at least in the Mark V line up.  Maybe in the Vanguard series.  In fact I could definately see it in that line up, but not in the Mark V line up.  Will see.  I do not see a 375 RUM in the Mark V line up, so why a 375 Ruger?
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2008 at 08:53
Originally posted by Dolphin Dolphin wrote:

I have to agree with pyro6999 on this one, at least in the Mark V line up.  Maybe in the Vanguard series.  In fact I could definately see it in that line up, but not in the Mark V line up.  Will see.  I do not see a 375 RUM in the Mark V line up, so why a 375 Ruger?
.............................Probably not in the Mk 5`s, but they would be very smart to offer the Ruger round in the Vanguards. This would give buyers who like Weatherbys who cannot afford or who wish not to pay for the DGR`s in the Weatherby calibers another alternative for less money!!.............Ruger, Howa and now CZ offers the 375 Ruger in rifles that are lesser expensive with certainly more gun makers to follow. They are capturing an additional market that Weatherby cannot fill with their very expensive DGR series!..................CZ for example has their more expensive $3K line of DGR`s. But they also offer a 375 in the cheaper version. Ruger has their $2K+ in their magnum line, but they also offer the lesser expensive African/Alaskan models.............Weatherby in their Vanguards can also do the same thing while still maintaining the exclusive Mk5 DGR model line, as those rifles will always have their loyal following.............By offering another alternative, Weatherby would increase its DGR market share!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 06:31
                             Ed     Nut%20Kicker  Squeezer                                    
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 12:28
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Ed     Nut%20Kicker  Squeezer                                    
........................Squeezer Shooter Ed...................................................Laugh
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 13:25
You guys are gonna have to take your fight outside.  Getting a little too violent for my liking and giving newbies a bad impression of the rest of us pacifist types here!
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic