OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bino harness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pahuntnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bino harness
    Posted: April/09/2008 at 14:21
Who has the best bino harness system. I am leaning towards the burris harness or Leupold because of the quick disconnect feature
pahuntnut View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pahuntnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 19:29
Nobody uses them???
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 21:45
Originally posted by pahuntnut pahuntnut wrote:

Who has the best bino harness system. I am leaning towards the burris harness or Leupold because of the quick disconnect feature

sooo.......I may have missed it but what bino's did you finally get?
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 22:27
Crooked horn outfitters makes a good set with quick disconnects.  Around $20, and the weight is distributed evenly.  Even riding the atv or climbing a stand keeps the binos close to the chest.
pahuntnut View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pahuntnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 06:18
Mike sent you a pm

I have the crooked horn harness on my Steiner's. Do they still have those rings you have to put on the bino's and then clip the harness to them?
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 12:37
yes, they have the small rings.
thinkingman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinkingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 14:32
I have Butler Creeks and they work fine.
REMF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REMF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 22:07
I'm interested in suggestions on the very same question, but your post didn't get a lot of response. 

I have heard that one individual basically has the patent, and there is not a lot of difference between the labels or brands.  However, I cannot verify this. 

Is there a model that is best for bowhunters?
Is there a model that better allows for a seperately carried laser rangfinder?

Any OT veterans have anything more to add to this discussion?

Thanks in advance,
REMF
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 22:59
Most of the time I just use the neoprene strap that came with my binocular.  It is soft and comfortable and much easier to manage for casual uses.

When I do use a harness, for bowhunting mostly, I like the "Bino Manager" by Innovative Products Inc.   It provides better stability and more protection than does the Crooked Horn Product.   
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 10:55
I carry a pair of 10x42 Leicas on one of these (that I bought here):

http://www.swfa.com/pc-7929-432-butler-creek-bino-caddy.aspx

The price was right, it does what they all do, and the deer and hogs don't seem to respect me more or less for not having "Leica" or "Zeiss" printed on my bino harness.

I've used it for awhile and see no real point to a quick disconnect feature; without one, they go on and come off with ease - I'm guessing they do the same with one.

I did carry the binos for awhile whithout the harness and care say, with certainty, that the harness is money well spent: no fatigue, better stability, easier to get to, easier to grab the gun and shoot.

I am interested to see what happens a bow hunter says.  I am hunting this year (first year) with a bow and welcome any first-hand knowledge. 

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic