OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Intensity Optics scopes at competitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SShooterZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intensity Optics scopes at competitor
    Posted: April/08/2008 at 22:19
Does anybody know anything about them or had any experience with them?

Seems like a decent price without being junk but I really can't tell.

HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 00:34
The Intensity 2,8-10X44 looks quite similar to the SIMMONS Aetec Master 2,8-10X44. Same data, aspherical lenses.............
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 17:32
Originally posted by HOLLOWPOINT HOLLOWPOINT wrote:

The Intensity 2,8-10X44 looks quite similar to the SIMMONS Aetec Master 2,8-10X44. Same data, aspherical lenses.............

I was just going to say that !  Except I thought they looked like the old 44 Mags...Bucky
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 18:35
Both Intensity Optics and Nitrex Optics are run by the guys at ATK who used to be involved with Weaver and Simmons before those brands were sold to Meade.  I talked to them (mostly to Nitrex) over at SHOT and I thought they knew what they were doing.  Nitrex scopes are made by Light Optic Works in Japan.  Intensity Optics scopes ar emade either in Phillipines or in China, I can't quite remember.

I suspect that the 2.8-10x44 is just a remake of the old Aetec which was a very decent scope for the money (and better than Meade's version of the Aetec).

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic