OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Classic K 6x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Classic K 6x
    Posted: April/08/2008 at 19:17
anybody actually own a Weaver Classic K 6X fixed?

I am looking to mount one on a .270 Win bolt gun.
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 02:44
Originally posted by army_eod army_eod wrote:

anybody actually own a Weaver Classic K 6X fixed?

I am looking to mount one on a .270 Win bolt gun.
..........................Curious!!!................Any particular reason why you would want mount a fixed 6x on your 270??
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 02:52
Yes...because I like them.  I have a super sniper and IOR Tactical fixed scopes as well.

They work great for me.
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 06:49
A 6x on a .270 is a fine combination. The Weaver is less than the Burris FF and half the cost of a Leupold 6x. It is fully multi-coated and no doubt reliable. It's FOV is in line with the other two, also.
Hopefully someone will be around that has one.

Edited by tahqua - April/09/2008 at 06:50
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 10:34
Don't have one of the new Weavers, but my dad has a weaver 6x on his 270 (pre 64 winchester).  The scope is at least 30 years old.  In those 30 years, the scope has never had to be adjusted for zero unless he went to a new round.  It is well made, and matches well to the 270 for hunting in Montana.  Not sure how the new ones would compare, but if it is anything like the old ones, it will be a nice scope.  The pictures look like what my dad has, and hopefully they have only improved it.

Edited by helo18 - April/09/2008 at 10:36
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 12:13

Yes...because I like them.  I have a super sniper and IOR Tactical fixed scopes as well.

They work great for me.
.............................The reason I asked is because 6x reduces your FOV & increases time to target for closer hunting work should that occur!..........If you`re fine with that and your terrain is wide open for the most part, then a 6x fixed is OK!.......... 
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 16:43
I agree with squeezer, 6x can be difficult at close or running shots, with that I did have a burris 6x mounted on an 06.  Its since been replaced by a variable, though I see know reason not to choose a 6x.  I personally believe that weaver makes a pretty decent scope at a fair price. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 17:21
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

They work great for me.
.............................The reason I asked is because 6x reduces your FOV & increases time to target for closer hunting work should that occur!..........If you`re fine with that and your terrain is wide open for the most part, then a 6x fixed is OK!.......... 

Fridge%20Smash(Squeezer getting squashed)   Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing              

have a Weaver K6 on my Winchester Model 70   30/06 , Mr. Squeezer!  [ ..but My K6 is about 35 years old....I  have never had any experience with the Japanese Weavers although I would be willing to bet they are every bit as good as the "L" brand!! ShockedShocked .....except CHEAPER, of course....]  HA! 

My old K6 has 20 feet field of view at 100 yds.  A Leupold M8 4X has 23 feet.  I never worried about that extra three feet that the Leupold 4X would have over my six power.  

I like fixed powers, too, if you like 'em.  I don't usually dial up and down all the time if I have a variable.  I shoot stuff off a bench generally at 6X, and hunt with either 4X or 6X.  So, what am I LOSING with a fixed power six? 

How do the K series and V series Weavers compare with today's "other" scopes?  Didn't you look through some Weavers recently, Squeezer?     

GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 18:48
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

They work great for me.

Fridge%20Smash(Squeezer getting squashed)   Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing              

have a Weaver K6 on my Winchester Model 70   30/06 , Mr. Squeezer!  [ ..but My K6 is about 35 years old....I  have never had any experience with the Japanese Weavers although I would be willing to bet they are every bit as good as the "L" brand!! ShockedShocked .....except CHEAPER, of course....]  HA! 

My old K6 has 20 feet field of view at 100 yds.  A Leupold M8 4X has 23 feet.  I never worried about that extra three feet that the Leupold 4X would have over my six power.  

I like fixed powers, too, if you like 'em.  I don't usually dial up and down all the time if I have a variable.  I shoot stuff off a bench generally at 6X, and hunt with either 4X or 6X.  So, what am I LOSING with a fixed power six? 

How do the K series and V series Weavers compare with today's "other" scopes?  Didn't you look through some Weavers recently, Squeezer?     

....................Did happen to see my other imoticon message to you on the other thread??? It`s you,,,just hangin around!!Clown............I do like the new Weavers! Great optics for the bucks! I just not keen with a fixed 6X, as it reduces versatilty along with slower acquisition at the closer ranges!............. On longer range calibers, I`m a 3X9 guy! On 3x, my Elite 4200 has a 33' FOV! For closer work, a 6x fixed is just too much IMO!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 18:59
Yessir, Squeeze, I saw MESELF hangin' on a gibbet somewhere on this forum ( but this Forum is SO VAST that I sometimes forgot where I posted something...! Bucky  and can't find my way back...) 

Yes, a six power is TOO MUCH for close shooting.  I guess I don't take all this conventional wisdom too seriously because I have a fixed power 6X on a 22 also!! HA!

Anyway, pretty soon I will find your last "attack" on me and will ambush you back! Meanwhile, I will be leaving DEATH THREATS to you Everywhere on OT Forum!! Batman  BEWARE

Baseball%20Bat
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 19:22

Yessir, Squeeze, I saw MESELF hangin' on a gibbet somewhere on this forum ( but this Forum is SO VAST that I sometimes forgot where I posted something...! Bucky  and can't find my way back...) 

Yes, a six power is TOO MUCH for close shooting.  I guess I don't take all this conventional wisdom too seriously because I have a fixed power 6X on a 22 also!! HA!

Anyway, pretty soon I will find your last "attack" on me and will ambush you back! Meanwhile, I will be leaving DEATH THREATS to you Everywhere on OT Forum!! Batman  BEWARE

Baseball%20Bat
..... Well!...........Just in case you cannot find your self hangin around, I1ll have to do a repeat. Here ya go!...............Ed`s version of well hung!
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 19:24
I clicked too soon.......................Here you are ED!.............Hung Your version of well hung!!Laugh
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 19:49
   Squeezer
   awaiting firing
squad   Light%20It%20Up                                Marching  Firing squad arriving

.............shortly.......Ready! Aim! Fire!!

Shocked                                                                          50%20Cal

GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 20:02

Squeezer
   awaiting firing
squad   Light%20It%20Up                                Marching  Firing squad arriving

.............shortly.......Ready! Aim! Fire!!

Shocked                                                                          50%20Cal.......................AT LEAST I HAVE THE PLEASURE OF A LAST SMOKE!!!!.................Laugh

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic