OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tulsa Arms Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tulsa Arms Show
    Posted: April/08/2008 at 13:00
Did any members here make it down to the Show this past weekend?  Wonder what others thought about it.  I think they broke the attendance record Sat.  It was really something.... I don't think I made it too all the tables!

Not too many optics for sale, was kind of surprised by that, although there were a few bargins!
take em!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 14:17
It was a great show. I only got to spend about 6 hr there Sat. Planned to go back Sun to get pictures of a .338 Kimber that Pyro wanted to see, but wife had other plans. There was very little in the way of optics there that I saw. I did briefly meet some guys that came down from Nebraska that were looking for tickets on Friday afternoon.  My Nephiew made a nice buy on a DB 410.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 15:54
There was one scary moment Friday...... some nice old guy accidentally discharged a revolver he was "playing" with.   Later, he was quietly helped with packing out his stuff.  Heard a couple different versions, I guess it wasn't his gun, but he should have know better!!!  
take em!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 16:20
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

There was one scary moment Friday...... some nice old guy accidentally discharged a revolver he was "playing" with.   Later, he was quietly helped with packing out his stuff.  Heard a couple different versions, I guess it wasn't his gun, but he should have know better!!!  

Shocked
ND's are always scary, but in a crowded place like that?!?!?! No%20No 

I can't go into a gunshow any more. All those people waving barrels around in my face.
CREEPS me out!! Loco

Edited by cheaptrick - April/08/2008 at 16:21
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 18:24
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

Shocked
ND's are always scary, but in a crowded place like that?!?!?! No%20No 

I can't go into a gunshow any more. All those people waving barrels around in my face.
CREEPS me out!! Loco

I'm getting to be like that too.  I guess I'm starting to realize that I'm not as invincible or bulletproof as I was when I was twenty. 

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 22:36

I did pay more attention to that after the incident.  Wouldn't stop me from going, but I'll be more aware from now on!

I just missed out on getting a Conquest 3-9X40 for around $360.00 and there was a guy who used to be a Sightron distributor who had some deep discounted SI & SII's.  He said he got rid of all the ones he had.
take em!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 16:49
I'm pretty much "gun showed out" it seems that everyone I go to is nothing but a gun rummage sale,  from now on, I will make sure that the gun shows I attend are  either from manufactures or distributors
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
OK hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2008 at 21:07

I've had a table at the Tulsa show since about 1985 and this year's attendance was nothing short of remarkable.  The show has grown to the limits of the building-east, west, north and south.  In order to make it bigger they will have to add a building.

I saw little in optics at the show this year.  Fewer than I can remember in years past.  I don't know what to attribute that to but it is what it is.  There seems to be at least one idiot at this show each year, and the discharge Friday evening was no different. 
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2008 at 21:18
Maybe this will end this streak this makes 3 years in a row. At least nobody was hit this time. Chris you should have been there. You would have had a corner on the optics market.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
OK hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2008 at 21:30
I would put  up a giant  "SWFA" sign, as has been done in the past, and let the optics shoppers know you are there.  It is obvious the optics buyers are much more savvy than in years past and I think the presence of SWFA would be greatly rewarded.  :::hint hint:::

Edited by OK hunter - April/13/2008 at 21:31
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic