OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Crazy Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 17:21
Originally posted by Duce Duce wrote:

Just the usual springtime in Kansas around here a brisk breaze at times
"
Posted on Wed, Apr. 09, 2008

Power should be back on In Butler County tonight

BY STAN FINGER
The Wichita Eagle

Power should be restored to all Butler County Rural Electric Cooperative customers by tonight, officials for the utility said.

About 550 customers remained without power early today in the wake of a storm packing 100-mile-an-hour winds that struck north of Wichita and portions of the Flint Hills late Monday night and early Tuesday morning, company spokeswoman Shana Holsteen said.

Butler County was particularly hard-hit, with more than 200 utility poles belonging to Westar and Butler County REC damaged or flattened. About 50 Butler REC poles remained on the ground today, Holsteen said.

Houses in rural areas near Burns and Cassoday sustained damage, officials said, and several outbuildings were destroyed.

Semi-trailer trucks and other vehicles were blown onto their sides or off the road on I-135 and the Kansas Turnpike, though no serious injuries were reported in any of those crashes.

Check Kansas.com for updates."

Duce Smile

Just another spring day in Tornado Alley, huh Jim??
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 17:57
Duce,

What if we ain't in Kansas no more...
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 21:31
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

I will take your snow anytime over the hail we had last night. Last night was the first time I have heard the term Cannon Ball sized hail. It knocked the windows out of the Blue Bell Ice Cream Plant in Broken Arrow, OK  That is a disaster.

Are you serious?!?!?
 CANNONBALL- SIZED HAILSTONES?!?!?!    Shocked  
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 22:59
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Yippee...............(Does Blue Bell make ice cream in Oklahoma? I didn't know that. I thought it was just in Texas.)          Merry%20Christmas
The put a plant here about 10 years ago. Love the Homemade vanilla with choc. syrup WOW
Ronk:
Cannonball A term I have not heard before. Local Channel 6 about 2:30 AM. It was west of Jennings,OK. The Toyota dealership in Tulsa had 550 cars damaged.   Snow is a lot less damaging to cars and roofs.

Edited by 3_tens - April/09/2008 at 23:05
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 14:15
Golf ball sized hail will destroy a car and hurt your head Ouch
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 15:06
Last night we had another 7-8" of rain. I was called out to do flood assements at 6:00 this morning. Here is some of what we saw. This makes 17" in under 10 days.

Ok cheaptrick and Cyborg I have rain comming your way. Look out.

Edited by 3_tens - April/10/2008 at 15:46

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 14:17
Thank you God, Now I remember why I love Alabama!!!  Played golf three times this week!!!   
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 16:32
This is not a creek it is the back yard. Note the larger splashes, that is the 2" hail. the white at the bottom of the step is the little stuff.  Row  Row Row your boat.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2008 at 16:35
thats awesome, we had some ping pong to golf balls sized stuff in a storm last summer which was odd for northern mn, and that stuff was bad enough, beat the hell out of my truck i cant imagine stuff twice that size, nasty!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2008 at 10:14
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

So you say you got two feet of global warming on your pourch.
  Hey Beltfed!  let's get it wright, it's pronounced Gorebal warming.
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2008 at 18:23
Gorebal warming or Gerbals warming, they are interchangable. Tell a lie long enough and often enough and it will become the truth.
I like it.
Hey pyro I heard you got another foot of Gorebal warming since you last posted.Rudolph
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2008 at 15:48

Gorebal warming or Gerbals warming, they are interchangable. Tell a lie long enough and often enough and it will become the truth.
I like it.
Hey pyro I heard you got another foot of Gorebal warming since you last posted.Rudolph
That is a Hilleryism

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2008 at 15:52
Hey Pyro
I need some grading done. Got to reroute the river. How about you bringing a dozer down and get out of that snow for a while..

yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2008 at 16:44
   Hey pyro...how's the Gorebal weather treating you up there this week? Sunny & 78 down here.
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2008 at 16:56
Talk about crazy weather, got shook outta bed with a 5,3 or was it 5.2 anyway a big trucking earthquake this AM and this aint california! What next, a volcano pukingShocked.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 00:52

Talk about crazy weather, got shook outta bed with a 5,3 or was it 5.2 anyway a big trucking earthquake this AM and this aint california! What next, a volcano pukingShocked.
      Are ya skeeerd!  Shocked
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 07:05
well its  finally warming up and most of the snow is gone
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:16
well spoke to soon we have got aonther 6-8" of snow over night and its still comingFurious
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:22
Bummer.....Sunny and going to top off around 80 here today. Snoopy
It's me and The Wardens 15 year anniversary today!!!  Cheers
That woman's sooooo lucky to have a "goodin" like me.....Peeker
Right???
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2008 at 09:29
We also got 6-8" last night pyro. Me and the buddies were all lined up to go shoot this morning too. Between the mud and now snow, I don't think I'll be going anywhere.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic