OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Crazy Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crazy Weather
    Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:08
here is a picture from yesterday we got 2ft of snow in about 18hrs

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:09
Damn, that makes me feel cold just looking at it!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:11
that picture was taken after we had already plowed once before, we ended up plowing three times i had to get our loader out today and push the stuff back further so we could even drive.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:12
Dang, I am jealous.  Mt Hood is getting pounded as we speak.  I might have to head to the mountain tomorrow.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:25
 Wow!
 It's finally spring here, 60F., very little snow left except in the woods.  A new snowfall right now would severely depress me, after the winter we just came out of!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:34
So you say you got two feet of global warming on your pourch.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:50
no i call it minnesota weather, it is a bit late we needed it in dec or jan, the state hwy close to my house didnt get plowed until 1500hrs today and they had to use a motor grader to do it, the snow was so deep and very wet heavy stuff that the plow trucks couldnt handle it.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:59
the deck had been shoveled an hour before i took this picture.

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 20:23
I'd be glad to swap your 24" of snow for our 5" of rain (2" in 90 minutes).
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 20:30
we were getting 3 inches every 15 when it started on sat night, i bet as wet as this stuff is its an easy 5" of rain equivilent. and it was just starting to get to the point where the mud was drying up and the snow was pretty much gone too.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 20:46
This old southern boy will take our sun and 78 degrees we had today Big%20Smile
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 20:52
snow doesnt bother me but 2ft in april isnt fun especially in less than 24hrs, the mail didnt go through today!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 21:02
We've had over 40" of precip so far this year. This time last year it was about 15"; we had a lot of snow too. Our snow totals for the season probably wouldn't add up to what you got in one day though, but the rain! This will be the 3rd monthly pistol match in a row that was cancelled due to high water. 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 21:04
where i live we dont have high water unless you count stuff ponding in the potato fields, not a lot of clay soil here, now go 80 miles west of us you have the red river valley where they usually have flooding issues every year.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 21:17
Hit 75 today and I have strawberries in bloom. Bandito

I played Jimmy Buffet's boat drinks and had a sip of the little bottle of Parton in honor of your problem Pyrro.Devil
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 21:18
im way ahead of you, i cracked open a schell brewery fire brick lager and cranked highway to hell, it was almost 50 @ 1700hrs

Edited by pyro6999 - April/07/2008 at 21:33
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 12:36
I will take your snow anytime over the hail we had last night. Last night was the first time I have heard the term Cannon Ball sized hail. It knocked the windows out of the Blue Bell Ice Cream Plant in Broken Arrow, OK  That is a disaster.

Edited by 3_tens - April/08/2008 at 12:37
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 19:45
Yippee...............(Does Blue Bell make ice cream in Oklahoma? I didn't know that. I thought it was just in Texas.)          Merry%20Christmas
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 16:47
Just the usual springtime in Kansas around here a brisk breaze at times
"
Posted on Wed, Apr. 09, 2008

Power should be back on In Butler County tonight

BY STAN FINGER
The Wichita Eagle

Power should be restored to all Butler County Rural Electric Cooperative customers by tonight, officials for the utility said.

About 550 customers remained without power early today in the wake of a storm packing 100-mile-an-hour winds that struck north of Wichita and portions of the Flint Hills late Monday night and early Tuesday morning, company spokeswoman Shana Holsteen said.

Butler County was particularly hard-hit, with more than 200 utility poles belonging to Westar and Butler County REC damaged or flattened. About 50 Butler REC poles remained on the ground today, Holsteen said.

Houses in rural areas near Burns and Cassoday sustained damage, officials said, and several outbuildings were destroyed.

Semi-trailer trucks and other vehicles were blown onto their sides or off the road on I-135 and the Kansas Turnpike, though no serious injuries were reported in any of those crashes.

Check Kansas.com for updates."

Duce Smile
Duce
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 17:05
well i got some great news today from the national weather service, more snow coming 6-12 inches great!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic