OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Signature Select vs Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signature Select vs Conquest
    Posted: April/07/2008 at 15:46
Sorry for what seems to be a continual repeat on here. (same scopes mentioned over & over like a perpetual motion machine)

I'm stretching a little more for a scope.  I'm getting closer to actually buying and like the Signature Select and the Conquest.  (In my price range - did not look at any more expensive/better scopes on purpose...)

Which is better?  Better glass, better low-light, etc.  They both look pretty good to me.

And - can anyone clear up the Burris customer service concerns I've been hearing about?
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 19:30
The conquest edges out the Sig Sel by a little.  I think you should throw the Bushnell Elite 4200 into the mix.  I am a big fan of Burris personally, but the Elite is one of the best deals out there right now.

As for the Burris CS.  I have had nothing but GOOD service from them.  They have been helpful, courteous, knowledgable, and for me have been fast in the service provided.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 08:13
I recently was testing a Sig Sel 4-16 directly against a Conquest 4.5-14
in bright day light, glass was very clear on both
at dark the Conquest edged it out just barely
I was pretty pleased with the Burris
the Burris was bigger and heavier with a thicker reticle (B Plex)
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 11:56
Between the ZEISS CONQUEST Z-PLEX and the BURRIS SIG. SELECT TAPER PLEX, which is the heavier plex reticle. Are the outer plex lines about the same thickness or is one heavier than the other? I have never had a Burris scope before and would like to try one (Signature 1.5-6x40 TAPER PLEX) I have heard its optics are close to the Zeiss Conquest optics but I definately dont want it if it has a thinner plex than the Conquest.
Danny106 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 12:16
YippeeI think they are two peas in a pod. It boils down to personal taste, looks etc. I agree the Bushnell 4200 series should also be considered in the mix, and even the Weaver Grand Slam series have a great reputation in that same price category. I love the rainguard feature on the Bushnell series myself. Dan Wafer
Dan
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 12:36
If you're talking 3-9X40, I like the Conquest and its 4" of constant eye relief!
take em!
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2008 at 13:17
b plex compared to the Zplex
bplex was thicker in the middle section at the crosshair intersection
jgm1981 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgm1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2008 at 01:48
The Conquest are very nice. I wont one myself i just ask the question of how durable they are. I mean they may be top of the list durable wise i just havnt herd alot on the subject. That elite 4200 i agree are great also. big time bang for your buck
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2008 at 11:18
Apparently I am the only person with bad luck with Zeiss. I got a 6.5-20 from the sample list. Back from Zeiss as factory certified refurbished. It disasembled internally after less than one box of shells on a light recoil .223. Returned to Zeiss In early Sept. got it back after christmas. Took it back to the range and it will not hold zero. Sent it back again to Zeiss and have not heard a word from them. I would really like to buy a 4.5-14 conquest but u,ntil something good can happen with my conquest I can not give them any more business. This is only the 2nd scope I have ever had to return in 38 years of shooting. The other was a El Paso Weaver. in 1972 It was back in under 3 weeks No charge and the damage was my fault. Whats the deal? I have owned the scope for 9 month and Zeiss has had it for 7 months.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic