OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

An ARSENAL ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 18:51
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

If we should ever see such a day. I wonder who they will find to inforce such insanity?Jump%20and%20Spin

it will some force not born on american soil, some form of nato i assume, i cannot forsee a day when the govt would even think they could turn its troops against its own people, and i feel quite confident that our troops wouldnt take such orders and follow them any way.

It happens all over the world, every day, Pyro. Just check out what goes on in Africa 365 days a year.  Or Latin America...                                     --Ed
fmullegun View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmullegun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 21:37
Dude

More than 2 guns = arsenal

And this:

is an assault rifle.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 21:58

Ed I hate to agree with you, but the majority of our population doesn't see how close it is. With what I'm seeing in recruiting and retention in 3 to 5 years the military will be predominately new age kids and immigrants. With a active thread of gang members and muslim loyalist. I'm not bashing immigrants as a whole, I have served with some who were better soldiers and more loyal to the U.S. that some local boys. Bandito

With a desperate need for recruits the standards are all but none existent and have allowed a large number of people in that simply aren't soldier material. And I have served with a modest number that are in for all they can get and have no *I mean zero* regard for anyone else. I am also disappointed to find that alittle age and alot of experience doesn't hold much value. The latest retention standards have not relaxed like you might think like the entrance standards have. They have actually been tightened. In my 2005 tour I was injured, a knee and back injury and I do suffer, but if I am willing and able to meet certain profiled standards let me serve. NO! I am being forced to retire.  Loco   Head%20Banger

I was taught early not to complain about anything unless you could offer a solution. But with this one it may be too far ahead to stop. The bureaucrats have a solid hold on the government and they are so slick it is hard to vote them out. I've been in the game so long it's going to take alittle time to step back and see the whole picture. When I do I am a fighter and if there is a solution I'll be on it.

Never loose hope! Never say Die! Fight and WIN!

God Bless and Save America!!  Marines
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 12:01
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I never said being a NRA member was wrong, did I?

If you think just being a member of some paid gun lobby group is going to insure your gun rights, you are a fool. The NRA has been paid and paid well for their "work".
I never asked them to keep my guns safe from the gun grabbers and I owe them nothing....Out.   

I'm a fool ???? ---- Guess what turkey .... the NRA has fought darn hard for many years for us ! And NO I don't think just being a member will do it ..... but you better look back on some of the battles in congress and see what they've done . Those sissy a** ed idiots who end up dead from home invasions and illegal trash now robbing and murdering at an extreme high rate out west  will hopefully convince them we need our firearms . By the time the cops get there .... if they ever do in time those folks are dead ! The united nations backers and the limp minded pushers of those anti gun laws admit " the NRA blocked them ! "                
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 12:54
Originally posted by merceanary1947 merceanary1947 wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I never said being a NRA member was wrong, did I?

If you think just being a member of some paid gun lobby group is going to insure your gun rights, you are a fool. The NRA has been paid and paid well for their "work".
I never asked them to keep my guns safe from the gun grabbers and I owe them nothing....Out.   

I'm a fool ???? ---- Guess what turkey .... the NRA has fought darn hard for many years for us ! And NO I don't think just being a member will do it ..... but you better look back on some of the battles in congress and see what they've done .

NO paid lobby, no matter what issue they have as their golden goose, ever wants to see the issue actually get resolved.  If it ever was, their source of income and reason for existing would vanish.   The primary purpose of the NRA is to see to it that the NRA remains viable.  They have no interest in seeing the fight over the 2nd ammendment actually end - even if it's in their (our) favor.  So yes, if you are putting your trust in the NRA, or any other paid lobby organization,  to ensure your rights, then you are a fool, just as cheaptrick said.

Originally posted by mercenary1947 mercenary1947 wrote:

Those sissy a** ed idiots who end up dead from home invasions and illegal trash now robbing and murdering at an extreme high rate out west  will hopefully convince them we need our firearms . By the time the cops get there .... if they ever do in time those folks are dead !
  Who exactly are you talking about?  I live "out west" and our murder rate certainly has not hit an "extreme high rate."  The worst murder rate in the country rests firmly in our nation's capitol - back East.  This reality has not convinced those "sissy a**ed idiots" of their need for guns yet so; why would anything that happens out West have any effect at all?

BTW, last I checked murder rates "out West" were dropping - largely due to the proliferation of states enacting "shall issue" standards for concealed carry.

Originally posted by mercenary1947 mercenary1947 wrote:

The united nations backers and the limp minded pushers of those anti gun laws admit " the NRA blocked them ! "  
Exactly which "United Nations backers" and/or "limp minded pushers of those anti-gun laws" are you quoting? 

Edited by lucznik - April/09/2008 at 12:58
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 13:01
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

If we should ever see such a day. I wonder who they will find to inforce such insanity?Jump%20and%20Spin

it will some force not born on american soil, some form of nato i assume, i cannot forsee a day when the govt would even think they could turn its troops against its own people, and i feel quite confident that our troops wouldnt take such orders and follow them any way.

It happens all over the world, every day, Pyro. Just check out what goes on in Africa 365 days a year.  Or Latin America...                                     --Ed

It has happened here as well.  The New Orleans Police didn't bat an eye when ordered to confiscate legally-owned firearms during the Hurricane Katrina aftermath.

Edited by lucznik - April/09/2008 at 13:02
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 15:15
I knew I liked you lucznik. You are right about the NRA and yes I am a life member. Just read the Knox Report in the Shotgun News; he had many accounts of the NRA not acting in our best interest. This is not to say they are a bad orginization but sometimes some leaders look out for their own interest. We need to be involved with more than one oganization, and WE need to be directly involved by listening to the issues and making our voices heard.
The blueprint on the elimination of our arms has already been laid. They don't have to kick in doors; Just ban the manufacture of a class of arms and over regulate the possesion of that class so nobody wants to fool with it and nobody can afford it. It has already been done with fullauto weapons in 1986, and these weapons were not even a crime problem or a news story; just a minority of gun owners because of the NFA of 1934, and nobody would stick up for them. Prices of full autos have gone up 20X since 1986 or more and the supply is only getting smaller. This was tried with the assault weapon ban. Look at how they did it in England. They will not try an outright ban, that would lead to a fight,  that would threaten their power. They will whittle away at our arms until there are not enough of us gun owners left to be a threat. 
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 17:07
Yeah well, Merc, I sincerely hope your right and I'm wrong. We'll see.

Good commentary, lucznik. You and me have always seen things the same way on the NRA. 

Merc, your screen name "mercenary" is playing HELL with my spell checker, Bro.....Wink 
Was "mercenary" already taken??    Dirty%20Harry
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 18:03

might want to ask Randy Weaver about that, cheap.
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 18:11
oh yeah...there are a bunch of us angry white guys running around.
I am not too worried about the gubmint taking our guns and taking control.
Simple reason is that the gummint is too incompetent and bureaucratic to get anything done.
And remember what a bunch of ticked off Iraqis and AQ guys are doing to our Army and their own population.
Waahhh.  They don't fight fair.  That is what would happen in this country if the SHTF.
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2008 at 20:59

While there certainly are some leaders in the NRA who do not want to win the battle for the Second Amendment, there are many others who would give almost anything to win it.  I feel it is GROSSLY unfair to so many who HAVE worked so diligently within that organization to defend our rights to paint them with that brush.
The NRA would wither to nothing under a government that succeeds in total firearms confiscation, and most know it.
 Like it or not, and it's failures notwithstanding, American gunowners, ALL of us, owe the NRA at least the recognition that we would have been buried by the antigun forces years ago had it not been for the Joe Foss's, the Neal Knox's, the Harlon Carter's, the Charleton Heston's, the Ted Nugent's and many others who have done so much work under the banner of the National Rifle Association.
 ( And who could have done so much more if more than 10 percent of us gun owners could see themselves clear to cough up that 35 bucks a year.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 01:53
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

( And who could have done so much more if more than 10 percent of us gun owners could see themselves clear to cough up that 35 bucks a year.)

Could you elaborate on this statement further, Ron?
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 08:11
By the time it became apparent that Canadian gun control was going to be passed in legislation (1995) it was too late for us to organize a really strong united pro-gun lobby across the country that would have had any meaningful affect on the government. 

The anti's had been building an organised base and had been lobbying our Liberal govt for some time.  Following the Montreal massacre and with a sympathetic and very anti-gun Minister of Justice our fate was sealed.  Problem is that those who do not participate in shooting sports are an easy sell for lobbyists who obfuscate facts for their own ends promising decreases in violent crime.  Make no mistake, we gun owners are in a minority. New immigrants continue to flood in who have no heritage of responsible gun ownership or hunting.  They have  no interest in supporting our cause.

I don't know if the outcome would have been different if we had had a strong voice like the NRA who whatever faults they may have, seem to be able to exert considerable political influence.  I agree that reliance on a single organisation to protect your interests and speak for you is somewhat dangerous and exceedingly lazy. However,  if I had to do it all over again I would gladly pay dues to such an organisation  in addition to personaly lobbying my MPP if I thought we could have defeated this ridiculous legislation.

Almost impossible to turn things back once they are passed in law - too many others just don't care.

Edited by Dogger - April/10/2008 at 08:12
God save the Empire!
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 11:54
 I never said I totally relied on my NRA membership to protect me and others ! That would be lame and it was NEVER stated by me ! And the 2 yoyos who led themselves to that conclusion should go back to 3rd grade for a reading lesson . And I might ask what have they done to help secure our rights ? And yes you and your illegal alien buddies swimming and jumping the border comitting murder ... rapes and robberies " everyday in the news " can blow off at the mouth all you want .... the sissy a**ed liberals out west ... especially in california are protecting and sheltering them to this day ! I think it's time for rifles and scopes to be put on the border and drop them before they enter !
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 12:07
How did we get from a discussion about arsenals to dropping illegal aliens at the border. This kind of banter is uncalled for at O.T, no matter what your feelings are.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 12:21
while we are off the subject - could you tell me what  merceanary means,  (familiar with mercenary??
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 14:56
This%20MuchI think merc needs a hugBandito. The NRA-ILA needs a donation (cause your dues can not go towards lobbying), and WE need to go to the NRA convintion.Here%20Ye%20Here%20Ye
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 16:13
Originally posted by merceanary1947 merceanary1947 wrote:

...I might ask what have they done to help secure our rights ? ...I think it's time for rifles and scopes to be put on the border and drop them before they enter ! 
Oh goodie, another "certifiable" mall ninja with whom to contend.  KarateBe careful cheaptrick, this one's no mere trainee like you.

Originally posted by merce<strong><FONT color=#ff0000>a</FONT></strong>nary1947 merceanary1947 wrote:

I never said I totally relied on my NRA membership to protect me and others_! That would be lame and it was NEVER stated by me_! And the 2 yoyos who led themselves to that conclusion should go back to 3rd grade for a reading lesson_. And I might ask_what have they done to help secure our rights_? And yes_you and your illegal alien buddies swimming and jumping the border comitting murder ... rapes and robberies "_everyday in the news_" can blow off at the mouth all you want .... the sissy a**ed liberals out west ... especially in california are protecting and sheltering them to this day_! I think it's time for rifles and scopes to be put on the border and drop them before they enter_!
I've taken the time to go through and highlight some of the grammar and general writing errors in just this one last post.  Your others are often far worse. 

bold type = your suggestion to those of us reading your posts.
red = you have physically typed something wrong. The added _ marks are demonstrative of spaces you should not have.
green = you have omitted something necessary.
orange = you have violated generally accepted English stylistic norms.

I'll agree to a reading class when you go back and learn the basics of punctuation, spelling, grammar, and syntax.

Originally posted by beltfed beltfed wrote:

This%20MuchI think merc needs a hugBandito
I think your right beltfed.  He may need a This%20Much but, I think what he really wants more than anything is a Nut%20Kicker

Edited by lucznik - April/10/2008 at 16:15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 16:47
Heres my last post on this thread, so file it where ever you want.

IF...theres an actual need for a group like the NRA to exist in this country to lobby our "By the people, for the people" government on our behalf, what does that really say about our government in general?

(Boy, I just deleted a BUNCH of stuff before I hit Post Reply.) Mouth%20Taped%20Shut 

To all my fellow shooters out there.....God bless you!! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2008 at 17:05
Dogger, best of luck to up north, my Brother!!

Thank you all for your commentary as well.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic