OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Conceald carry permit holders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conceald carry permit holders.
    Posted: April/02/2008 at 23:39
   Just curious as to how many of us here on the O.T. are conceald carry permit holders?
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 23:47
I keep planning on signing up for it, but something always comes up.  I just need to make a point about getting it done.  I've found it here in AZ for 75 dollars for the class and about 50 for the license.  Not too bad.  Considering it get up to 120 degrees in the summer here, there's not many places to conceal it. 
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 08:02

I would be one.

In paulding county ga all you do is go to the court house in Dallas and answert 20 questions pay 40$ and give the lad 20 finger prints and they will be mailed to you if you back ground stuff cames back clean. Nice and simple.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 10:57
I have one.  It is really nice when I go to buy a handgun.  No waiting period.  I don't use it much, but it is nice to know I have it for when I need it.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 16:02

Good thread, Dog. 

Yep, I am and have been for a few years now here in the great state of North Carolina.

I also HIGHLY encourage all of you out there in radio land to get your concealed weapons permit, if you can. You'll be glad you did.

I'm cheaptrick and I approve of this message......Angel 
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 16:34
I'm from Wisconsin and we are just one of a handfull of states that are not adhereing to the 2nd. Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 17:17
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I would be one.

In paulding county ga all you do is go to the court house in Dallas and answert 20 questions pay 40$ and give the lad 20 finger prints and they will be mailed to you if you back ground stuff cames back clean. Nice and simple.

Man you got it easy!  Here in the Buckeye you have a 12 hour class for around $100 depending on where you take it, then wait a few weeks for things to clear. It's usually a weekend two day class, but some are one day 12 hours straight.  A few of those 12 hours are range time with your gun of choice & all ammo is supplied for you free of charge as much as you want to shoot.Bounce  This isn't everywhere, but were I took it that's how it works.
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 17:22

had mine 'bout 20 years.  Take some "advanced" classes from somebody too.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

furboom View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 17:26
I have one also, however in Texas, it is a bit more expensive. You got to get photos taken, fingerprinted an 8 hr class and some range time, and of course the obligatory back ground check. Gotta jump thru some hoops but I'm glad I have it.

It's all about SHOT PLACEMENT!
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 17:31
Since we're talking about concealed weapons.  Where do you guys think is the most comfortable/convenient spot to carry.  I've been looking at quite a few different types of products, including a small brief case looking thing.  I haven't been able to try these different things out, but was curious about you thoughts.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 17:32
IWB right behind the hip bone at about 4 o'clock
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 17:55
http://www.coronadoleather.com
Those guys make some good stuff. I have a brief case from them, and some vests.  The newer models carry better.

These guys make an awesome holster and have a reasonable lead time.

I like to carry at strong hand 3 to 4 o'clock.  Weak hand at 8 to 9 o'clock. Straight drop or muzzel forward cant.  Pocket rocket weak hand front pant.  Classic cross draw (vertical).
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 18:52
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

I'm from Wisconsin and we are just one of a handfull of states that are not adhereing to the 2nd. Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. 
   And that s*%t makes my blood boil.
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 20:58
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Fellow Wisconsinite here. Our politicians are pure SLIME. (especially our GOVERNOR.)
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 21:31
Helo18 how come yall don't have instant or NICS check in MontanaSad? I thought yall were a gun friendly state.
Ditto here, it comes with the badge; before and after retirement.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 21:55
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Helo18 how come yall don't have instant or NICS check in MontanaSad? I thought yall were a gun friendly state.

It is a gun friendly state, and they do have the NICS checks.  You can walk out any day with a rifle or shotgun.  For a handgun there is three day waiting period ( at least there used to be), or if you had a cc permit (had a NICS number on it), you can walk out with the handgun.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 22:12
Let me clarify myself, I think I said some wrong things.  Montana in the least restricted of all states.  The CWP exempts you from the waiting period imposed by the brady bill.  You do not have to have a handgun class to get a permit.  Gun shows are not required to do a background check (although some vender do).  If you have a permit, and buy a gun, they just right down the NICS number and don't do a background check.  If you don't have a permit, they do the instant check, and you walk out with it (other than handgun, which is a 3 day wait due to the Brady bill).

Here is a link to Montana gun laws.  http://www.mtssa.org/mtlaws.phtml

GEORGE WASHINGTON
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 22:28
To answer the original post.I am a concealed carry participant.
Springfield Gov't .45 , Berretta 92 Fs 9mm, and Colt Gov't .38 SuperDirty%20Harry
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 22:50
In Utah you can buy a long gun or handgun and walk out with either in about 5 minutes.  They have an instant background check they do for everyone whether you have a CCW or not.  If you have a CCW you don't have to pay a $10 or $15 fee.  The whole process takes about 5 minutes to fill out the paper work and for them to make the call.  Utah is the bomb for gun sales. 

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2008 at 17:03
In Oklahoma it runs approx. $225 or More varies by county. .  $60 for class, Some charge as much as $150 for the class. $15 Range fee $30 fingerprint  some sheriffs Dept's also charge an additional $35 for a second background ck. $100  License. It takes 90 days after all has been completed before license will be received.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic