OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

KALINKA Scopes ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KALINKA Scopes ?
    Posted: April/02/2008 at 10:07
 Do any of our experts or users have any info on the Kalinka brand scopes ?  http://www.kalinkaoptics.com  is their link and I was directed there by another forum .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 10:19
I'm more than a little suspicious here.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 10:20
I'm interested to see Koshkin's opinion.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 10:53
My Daddy said, almost always, you get what you pay for.

No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 11:28
                              Sounds like KGB to me.  Damn communists anyway!

bryansd8 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryansd8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 11:46
I've done very limited business with Kalinka just on a trial basis. I ordered a scope from them and they sent the right model with the wrong recticle. Took around 8-10 e-mails to get a response. In the end I just lived with the scope. I ordered a mounting bracket from them some time later and that was fine. Ordered another a Kobra red dot scope and it was faulty, the recoil of the rifle would mysteriously crank up the brightness level on the Kobra and switch the recticle. Very strange. Kalinka will not return my inquiries about how to get this fixed.

So...you'll get your product if you order something but the service is extremely poor. Cool looking products, though...
I will give up my gun when they pry my cold, dead fingers from around it...
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 16:19
It's a Russian brand, isn't it? 
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 17:13
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 17:22
Tagged......
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 21:01
Unless there is no alternative, I would not be too hot on dealing with Kalinka.

What exact scope are you looking at?

ILya
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 19:13
I found the KALINKA scopes in town at a local police supply and was able to handle some of these. (4.5-16) and the (6-24). They were very heavy scopes. The focus dial is very large. It needs to be because it was so hard to turn you need all the leverage you can get. In the parking lot looking thru the scope it seemed to be clear and the mil-dot reticle was easy to adjust with the fast focus eyepiece. The scopes have a peculiar double dial on the elevation and windage The salesman could not explain what tis function was, It had one turn and looked like a fine adjust between clicks. I asked if they very reliable and was told that they had not had them long enough to know. There price was way over double whar the website above has listed. With this type of a profit margin I can see why they had this scope when they normally do not carry optics.
Over all Not to impressed. My rifle is heavy enough and can,t see adding that much more weight. This is the heaviest scope I have ever held in my hands.
Find the best price then remember you get what you pay for.Thumbs%20Down
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2008 at 09:08

SO many proven scopes available with good reputations why take a chance IMHO-----

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2008 at 10:42
Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

My Daddy said, almost always, you get what you pay for.

Can't go by that saying ... american corps have been ripping us off for years with overpriced = inferior products . I'm staying away from them " russian " though .... sold my mueller tach scope in the woods .... the one I had on my 30-06 I haul on my Kawasaki 650 ... believe that one ! I took it right off there with mounts and we sighted it in for him .  -- Excellent  --  Buying a Burris extreme tactical . This is what I tell them ... squirrel hunt with your rifle and if you can kill them with it " IT'S GOOD TO GO " .... just don't expect to eat them -- LOL  -- Smile  
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2008 at 05:48
Ka-Lunker.     Big%20Grin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic